848 12 2022-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

after an crash with the drone, I have a corrupted video file on the memory card. I can't delete the file, it keeps reappearing when I reinsert the card into the PC, I can't format the card. I tried everything, wipe, rename, delete the partition, whatever I do, the file is still on the drive and makes the card unusable.... do you have other solutions for this?
2022-12-30
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because of everything you've tried, you might be stuck now.

The correct process is to reinsert the SD card into the crashed drone and turn it on. It will take the unfinished video clip and end it, then the clip can be viewed and deleted.

However, a proper format should wipe the card, if you don't mind losing the data. I can't see how you'd format an SD card and still have data on it, are you formatting it on a PC?
2022-12-30
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

CloudVisual Posted at 12-30 12:14
Because of everything you've tried, you might be stuck now.

The correct process is to reinsert the SD card into the crashed drone and turn it on. It will take the unfinished video clip and end it, then the clip can be viewed and deleted.

only the first time the drone saw it and I had the option to "format" but it failed to format it. Afterwards, the drone does not recognize the card
2022-12-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Balaes Posted at 12-30 12:17
only the first time the drone saw it and I had the option to "format" but it failed to format it. Afterwards, the drone does not recognize the card

Sounds like you have a counterfeit card. I would purchase a new one.
2022-12-30
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't format the card in the drone. Use the formatting tools on your PC to wipe the card. There is no possible way the clip will still be there after the card is correctly formatted.
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think windows can perform two kinds of format, a quick one and a slow one.
As I understand it the quick format, which is the norm, simply removes or deletes what you might call an address book. I believe the slow format 'rewrites' or 'resets' every bit of the card. If you can, try the slow format.
2022-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just format it in your computer
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-30 13:38
Just format it in your computer

Is it possible to attempt to delete a partition anywhere else but a computer?
2022-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-30 13:58
Is it possible to attempt to delete a partition anywhere else but a computer?

You don't need to delete any partitions, just format the card. A quick format is fine, the long format only makes un-necessary writes to the card, which you don't want to do.
2022-12-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-30 14:04
You don't need to delete any partitions, just format the card. A quick format is fine, the long format only makes un-necessary writes to the card, which you don't want to do.

Thanks but I didn't say that deleting a partition was necessary, I asked if it can be done anywhere else other than a computer?
Since the OP states " it keeps reappearing when I reinsert the card into the PC, I can't format the card. I tried everything, wipe, rename, delete the partition, what...." I assume those formatting attempts were in a computer.
If so, my guess is most people would use the default quick format and since that didn't work it might be worth trying the slow format
2022-12-30
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just going to say that if I had a card giving me any issues, it'd never get used again. Not worth taking the risk.
2022-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-30 14:24
Thanks but I didn't say that deleting a partition was necessary, I asked if it can be done anywhere else other than a computer?
Since the OP states " it keeps reappearing when I reinsert the card into the PC, I can't format the card. I tried everything, wipe, rename, delete the partition, what...." I assume those formatting attempts were in a computer.
If so, my guess is most people would use the default quick format and since that didn't work it might be worth trying the slow format

A slow format writes every memory location to zero. As an SD card has a limited number of writes cycles, doing this is a waste of write cycles, as the nett result is the same.
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please back up all the files on the said SD card and reformat it using your computer and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules