how to adjust the right diopter from dji googles 2 ?
1310 12 2022-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerion Sky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 665686 ft
Cambodia

hi there, i would like to ask about dji googles 2 that im using it at the moment. ok, basiclly i dont wear any glasses, for the first time i follow the tutorial how to setup the googles, and at the end until i look cleary between the bottom text from the left & right (without blur or shadow on text), and i look the googles was set to -2 already. first time i playing fpv drone simulator, and i feel dizzy and also nausea. so i would like to ask, is there any effect because setting up the diopter ?

finally, it was yesterday i was setup back the dioptri to default which is left and right on zero point, and i still can look cleary the bottom text also the subject. and the most important is i dont feel any dizzy and nausea. so is it the right adjustment for me or not ?

note : at the moment i just playing dji virtual flight, so not the actual  drone and flying outside (the reality). the other information the first time i tried it, yes i admit i flew it brutally, and that's probably what made me dizzy and nauseous.

but the next day, when I set the diopter point to zero, and I tried to fly it slowly, and I felt better.

dji-virtual-flight-anoymous-xyz

dji-virtual-flight-anoymous-xyz

dji-googles-2-anonymous-xyz

dji-googles-2-anonymous-xyz
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. if you experience dizziness, nausea, etc. when using DJI FPV or Avata, you may have 3D vertigo symptoms. Temporarily stop using it and take more deep breaths to recover.
In daily life or study and work, you need to ensure a good sleep, do more outdoor sports, and strengthen your physical fitness and immunity; Time, and then gradually extend the use time after subsequent adaptation.
2022-12-31
Use props
Aerion Sky
lvl.2
Cambodia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-31 01:17
Hello, there. if you experience dizziness, nausea, etc. when using DJI FPV or Avata, you may have 3D vertigo symptoms. Temporarily stop using it and take more deep breaths to recover.
In daily life or study and work, you need to ensure a good sleep, do more outdoor sports, and strengthen your physical fitness and immunity; Time, and then gradually extend the use time after subsequent adaptation.

Does that mean the origin of dizziness and nausea isn't from the diopter setting?
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Aerion Sky Posted at 12-31 01:20
Does that mean the origin of dizziness and nausea isn't from the diopter setting?

If you feel better when you adjust the diopter, then you may keep the setup. Sometimes the diopters may have impacts on you if you have good eyesight and do not wear glasses before.
2022-12-31
Use props
Aerion Sky
lvl.2
Cambodia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-31 01:36
If you feel better when you adjust the diopter, then you may keep the setup. Sometimes the diopters may have impacts on you if you have good eyesight and do not wear glasses before.

thank you, i think i've got the good explaination from you, yes at the moment i just put on zero point on my googles, because i do not wear a glasses before.

well i hope i can get adapt playing drone using a googles. it takes time to adapt to all of that, moreover I'm just a beginner just learning to play fpv drone.
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Aerion Sky Posted at 12-31 01:51
thank you, i think i've got the good explaination from you, yes at the moment i just put on zero point on my googles, because i do not wear a glasses before.

well i hope i can get adapt playing drone using a googles. it takes time to adapt to all of that, moreover I'm just a beginner just learning to play fpv drone.

You may adapt to the image by practicing more each time and taking good rest before each practice also.
2022-12-31
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-12-31 02:01
You may adapt to the image by practicing more each time and taking good rest before each practice also.

Most of us have the same problem trying to see the information at bottom, DJI should give us an option to switch the location, I would  much rather have the information at top.

The design of Goggles 2 is an anatomical  fail for many users, changing information location at least is something that can be done via Firmware update.
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HDPS Posted at 1-3 19:54
Most of us have the same problem trying to see the information at bottom, DJI should give us an option to switch the location, I would  much rather have the information at top.

The design of Goggles 2 is an anatomical  fail for many users, changing information location at least is something that can be done via Firmware update.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.  May we confirm if you are pointing to the OSD? If so, the OSD position can not be adjusted/customized on DJI Goggles 2 currently.
2023-1-4
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, and that is what we need DJI to do, make it adjustable . There are more threads asking for this feature but never happen.
thanks
2023-1-4
Use props
mark426
lvl.3
Flight distance : 854117 ft
United States

Right.. the OSD is almost unreadable for me. I can hold the goggles in a certain way that helps but that can't be done while flying. I gave up on the G2 and went back to my old V2 goggles. Also, I much prefer the V2 tactile button vs the touch pad but it's not a deal breaker. Long story shortened...the G2 needs a redesign in both fit and OSD display.
2023-1-5
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mark426 Posted at 1-5 06:27
Right.. the OSD is almost unreadable for me. I can hold the goggles in a certain way that helps but that can't be done while flying. I gave up on the G2 and went back to my old V2 goggles. Also, I much prefer the V2 tactile button vs the touch pad but it's not a deal breaker. Long story shortened...the G2 needs a redesign in both fit and OSD display.

100% agree, I have the DJI Goggles 1080 HD, V1, V2 and the Goggles 2 is the worst...that sliding pad is so annoying
2023-1-5
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

A new pilot trying FPV will probably have very similar symptoms as the ones you are experiencing. Its takes time, as you get use to this way of flying it will stop. Make sure you are sat done and not stood up that helped me. I don't suffer from these symptoms anymore. it took probably about a week / 6 hrs on the sim for it to subside completely. Setting up the correct view, i set my up for each eye. Basically did the left one and closed the right one and then closed the left one and set the view for the right one. I have no idea if thats what you should do but it helped me alot. As my sight in each eye is slightly different.

As to the G2 i think they are the worst DJI has ever made for comfort factor, they don't fit the majority of face sizes, and ultimately pushes down on the nose quite a lot. I cant fly with them for long periods of time like i could with the V2 googles. I don like the smaller form factor of the G2 though.... Just wish you could change the padding on the G2 that may help.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Ian

2023-1-6
Use props
Aerion Sky
lvl.2
Cambodia

Cauffy Posted at 1-6 05:07
Hi

A new pilot trying FPV will probably have very similar symptoms as the ones you are experiencing. Its takes time, as you get use to this way of flying it will stop. Make sure you are sat done and not stood up that helped me. I don't suffer from these symptoms anymore. it took probably about a week / 6 hrs on the sim for it to subside completely. Setting up the correct view, i set my up for each eye. Basically did the left one and closed the right one and then closed the left one and set the view for the right one. I have no idea if thats what you should do but it helped me alot. As my sight in each eye is slightly different.

thank u very much sir, for the explaination
2023-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules