Stuck in hover in hyperlapse - thinks something is in the way
1406 5 2022-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just started trying to use the hyperlapse mode on the Mavic 3 Classic and I keep getting issues where it won't start because it thinks something is in the way.  There is nothing in the way and my obstacle sensors are working fine in every other flight mode.

So that's one issue.  The other issue is that once it says something is in the way, the aircraft is stuck in that spot until the battery runs down enough to activate return to home.  I cannot figure out how to regain control of the aircraft.

So first question is: what is wrong with my hyperlapse mode that's causing it to think something is in the way?

And second question is: how do I regain control of the aircraft once it halts the hyperlapse because it thinks something is in the way?

Thanks in advance,

rgames
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you exit the Hyperlapse, did the aircraft recognize something as an obstacle?
To stop shooting, tap the red square icon in DJI Fly or press the Flight Pause button on the remote controller. Pushing the remote sticks will not exit Hyperlapse.
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This idea could be complete rubbish but would manually switching the drone's flight mode on the controller cancel the hyper lapse?
I recollect playing with one of the advanced 'features' of perhaps an M2P and forgetting how to get 'out' of the 'feature'.  I recollect I ended up switching flight modes since that cancels other things.I don't doubt that there is a proper way to do it but sometimes a backup method is useful ....... if it works lol.
2023-1-1
Use props
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-1 00:09
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you exit the Hyperlapse, did the aircraft recognize something as an obstacle?
To stop shooting, tap the red square icon in DJI Fly or press the Flight Pause button on the remote controller. Pushing the remote sticks will not exit Hyperlapse.

Hi Wanda - the aircraft did not detect any obstacles until I started the hyperlapse function.  I could fly around in that spot with no issues.  I was ~25 ft above anything that I was going to fly over.  I had the aircraft hovering while setting the hyperlapse settings and it did not indicate any issues with obstacles.  But as soon as I started the hpyerlapse it said there was an obstacle in the way.

Once it got stuck, neither the pause button nor the red record icon had any effect.  It was like the software was locked up - the only on-screen button that worked was the "..." for the settings.  I tried messing with the obstacle avoidance settings while it was locked up but it had no effect.  I just had to wait until the battery drained and it activated RTH.

I have since figured out that I can manually activate RTH by pressing and holding the RTH/pause button.  That will break it free of the stuck condition.  But, again, the pause button did not break it free nor did any button on the screen.  It just sat there, hovering...

So manually activating RTH seems to solve the problem.  But I gather that's not how it's supposed to work.

Thanks
EDIT: not sure it matters but I was trying to use the "Course Lock" hyperlapse mode.
2023-1-1
Use props
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-1 04:32
This idea could be complete rubbish but would manually switching the drone's flight mode on the controller cancel the hyper lapse?
I recollect playing with one of the advanced 'features' of perhaps an M2P and forgetting how to get 'out' of the 'feature'.  I recollect I ended up switching flight modes since that cancels other things.I don't doubt that there is a proper way to do it but sometimes a backup method is useful ....... if it works lol.

I didn't try that but that's a good idea.  I'll give it a shot if it happens again.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

rgames Posted at 1-1 07:24
Hi Wanda - the aircraft did not detect any obstacles until I started the hyperlapse function.  I could fly around in that spot with no issues.  I was ~25 ft above anything that I was going to fly over.  I had the aircraft hovering while setting the hyperlapse settings and it did not indicate any issues with obstacles.  But as soon as I started the hpyerlapse it said there was an obstacle in the way.

Once it got stuck, neither the pause button nor the red record icon had any effect.  It was like the software was locked up - the only on-screen button that worked was the "..." for the settings.  I tried messing with the obstacle avoidance settings while it was locked up but it had no effect.  I just had to wait until the battery drained and it activated RTH.

Thanks for your reply. Would you please tell us your APP version and firmware version? Also, your mobile devices and its current OS.
2023-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules