783 7 2023-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi, i have a short but good wishlist for 2023 firmware updates.

1) Since i have only one hand working after a stroke, I would like to see the option in the customize buttons, to tilt the camera up and down using the right dial, since my left hand are not working, i have to let the stick go and move hand to left side to tiltup and down, and that makes it hard to fly back or front and tilt at the same time.I wish this can be done in  DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller and the DJI RC Remote Controller

2) Able to use my Avata google with my Mavic 3  to control the camera would be very great so i can look at the object while i fly by it.

I cross the fingers i can and hope for DJI to fix this :-)

Best regards
Freddy
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Freddy. We value customers who provide their feedback. Rest assured that we'll communicate it with the respective team for its potential. We are grateful for sharing your opinions with us. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the RC-N1/RC231 controller I think it should be possible change the connections within the controller to swap the dial functions. You might have to make up wiring extensions to do this but I'd buy a second hand controller for the experiment.
I can't comment on the DJI RC.
Depending on how great your disability is, do you have control of your left arm? If so is it good enough to use the screen to control the gimbal by touching and dragging up and down the screen?

To be honest I have wondered why DJI don't make controllers for 'one handed' people.
The FPV's motion controller is quite good but unfortunately it might only work with the FPV, doesn't offer sideways flight, offers only very limited backwards flight and is 'aimed at' goggle users.
2023-1-1
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-1 07:27
With the RC-N1/RC231 controller I think it should be possible change the connections within the controller to swap the dial functions. You might have to make up wiring extensions to do this but I'd buy a second hand controller for the experiment.
I can't comment on the DJI RC.
Depending on how great your disability is, do you have control of your left arm? If so is it good enough to use the screen to control the gimbal by touching and dragging up and down the screen?

Thanks, My left hand are "FUBAR" and only good for hanging my jacket on, or a napkin like the Waiters has when serving wine ;)
I started with drones for many years ago, a tarot quad, then i modified a rc controller with a three way gimbal stick on the right side, and a button on it. Throttle was on a dial on the side.. it worked :-)
Then i went through a F450, Phantom 1, 2 and 3, then mavic pro, 2 and now 3.
I had a spark and a mini, the first DJI FPV with the motion controller and now avata.
Scott Parazynski from NASA  made a one handed controller for the Macic 2 pro that i got from him, and that was the first controller that i could fly fast and use several axis at the same time.. Then DJI released the Motion controller, and i could fly FPV, low and fast. Very funny and i love the Motion controller, but i hope the next version has a button or a function that let me do loops and rolls. By flipping the hand fast to the right and the drone does a right flip and so on. I would also like a "dive" function so i can "dive" down our high mountains here in Norway.
I am looking for a second hand rc controller to see if it can be modified ;)
within the software i have changed so the right stick is forward/back and Right/Left and the yaw and height are on the left stick :-)
2023-1-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a pity about your hand but ....you have pushed the motion controller further than I have lol, brilliant.  
2023-1-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

great opportunity for 3rd party inventions.  unfortunately the market isn't quite big enough for manufacturers to go there.  mobile phones got big and then the government mandated "accessibility" with laws and that's what did the trick.  until this gets the attention of government, we'll need to depend on private enterprise when it comes to drone "accessibility."
2023-1-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is a brilliant feature request and exactly the things that tech providers need to think about.  So easily done in software that is forward looking to take the user into account!!
2023-1-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 1-1 19:40
I think this is a brilliant feature request and exactly the things that tech providers need to think about.  So easily done in software that is forward looking to take the user into account!!

... that would really be a great respect for all those who urgently need something like this!
2023-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules