First Flight
1171 9 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LawrenceF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68822 ft
United States

Finally had enough of a break in the weather to get the new Mini SE up and flying.    All I can say is... "wow!".   That thing is extremely stable and responsive.  
I almost made a mistake as I had ordered a more expensive Autel drone, but after doing more reading it seemed that DJI was the right company to go to and I'm so happy I did.  I'm sure the Autel would have been nice but i'm also sure I made the right decision.  This is my first real drone after testing the waters with a couple of toys indoors this winter. I'm very happy with the Mini SE.
The weather is holding up again so I'm going flying again today.   
2023-1-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't wait to see your first posted image or video clip.  Enjoy the flight
2023-1-2
Use props
LawrenceF
lvl.2
United States

The camera on that thing is nice.  We have a large island park here that's perfect for exploring with drones, but maybe not so much in the winter because it's really overcast and dreary at the moment.   So much so that I started to lose sight of it at about 30 meters.

I'm editing some of the footage in Vegas and you can see how gray it is in the background of this screen capture.  When summer hits this place should allow some great footage with all of the various attractions and the river.  I have a head mounted camera for the overview and for actually seeing the drone, but as you can see, it put part of my face and cap in the image.  I'll have to sort that out.

2023-1-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the new drone.  Welcome to the forum.  
2023-1-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your first "real" drone.  Have fun and take advantage and fly every chance that the weather permits.  
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, LawrenceF. Congrats on your first DJI drone! We're glad that you loved your first flight. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Also, if you want to know more about your drone, you may visit this link to see the manual. Thank you for your support. Happy New Year!
2023-1-2
Use props
LawrenceF
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-2 19:10
Hi, LawrenceF. Congrats on your first DJI drone! We're glad that you loved your first flight. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Also, if you want to know more about your drone, you may visit this link to see the manual. Thank you for your support. Happy New Year!

Thanks.   I had a really fun day on day 2.  I took my son out and let him fly it a little and we had a great time.

He inadvertently ran into a skinny low hanging tree branch and crashed and broke two props, but  I replaced them from the spares and we were back in the air 10 minutes later.

Good times.  
2023-1-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoy.
If you need to replace one blade on a motor replace both blades on that motor, they are probably weight matched.
Low & slow in clear spaces are best for pilots, big and small, if they are new to the drone, trees like to ambush drones.
2023-1-3
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LawrenceF Posted at 1-3 02:30
Thanks.   I had a really fun day on day 2.  I took my son out and let him fly it a little and we had a great time.

He inadvertently ran into a skinny low hanging tree branch and crashed and broke two props, but  I replaced them from the spares and we were back in the air 10 minutes later.

Hi, LawrenceF. Good to read that you're enjoying it and the drone is still good even after the incident. Have a safe flight always. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules