Mavic 2 Pro Camera Calibration issue
2523 11 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

I got a random warning that my cameras needed calibration on the Mavic 2 Pro. On both Mac and PC versions of the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic app, it doesn't work.

Here's what it does:
1. when I start the app, it says I need to update the app, when I go through the process then restart the computer and relaunch the app, it still says I need an update. This happens continuously, stuck in an updating loop.
2. when I cancel out of the update the app appears to run OK. I was able to update the firmware on the Mavic 2. But I cannot calibrate as I get an immediate error every time tof a movement error and it resets. I even set the drone on a tripod rig so it was super stable and I'm only pan/tilting it.

This has wasted a full day of my time, trying different monitors, resolutions, and computers. Mostly testing on a MacBook Pro on the main screen. I'm not getting any other errors besides the movement errors. Please help!

Thank you,
Brian
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. Could you please provide us with a screenshot to check the error message so that we can better understand this issue? If you need to update the DJI Go 4 app, you can also visit this link. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-1-2
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. This error message suggests that you need to do Vision calibration on DJI Assistant 2. May we know did you try that?
2023-1-3
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Hi. Please re-read my first post that you responded to. I listed the steps I took. DJI Assistant 2 gives me errors, which is why I posted this.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for the updated information, could you please try the following steps and keep us updated? Please don't worry, we will do our best to help.
And please note that Mavic 2 Pro needs to use DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic (v2.0.14): https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
1. Please check the Sensor Calibration Instructions in DJI Assistant 2. During calibration, keep the aircraft arms unfolded. Notes: Folded aircraft arms may obstruct the vision sensor, which may result in a calibration error.
2. Ensure that the monitor uses a straight-face screen. Curved screens are not supported. If the screen used is not a straight-face screen, please change or borrow a straight-face screen for operation.
3. Confirm the dimensions of the monitor being used (Inquire about the model parameters on the internet based on the monitor or the laptop model). We recommend using a monitor larger than 14 inches. If the screen is less than 14 inches, the calibration may fail.
4. Please use a soft fabric (such as a cloth for glasses) to wipe the vision sensor lens of the aircraft. Wipe it several times until the lens is clean.
5. Please set the resolution displayed on the computer to the default value recommended by the system.
6. After following the steps above, please reconnect the aircraft and the DJI Assistant 2 for reconnection and calibration.
7. If the issue still persists, please take a screenshot (it would be nice if you can provide us a related video) of the DJI sensor calibration failure, we will contact our engineer and reply to you here asap.
2023-1-5
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Hi, thanks for the update.

1. I am using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (v2.0.14) from the link you provided. I have even re-installed it.
2. I have previously tested with arms unfolded. I just retested with arms unfolded as well.
3. I am using my MacbookPro, main screen, with Mavic 2 directly perpendicular to it. There are no other displays connected during the calibration procedure
4. I have wiped the lenses down with a glasses type cloth
5. I have set the computer built in display to the default resolution.
6. I have run through the calibration process again with the same result.
7. Same failure. video attached. I have seen many other posts online about this same issue. What else can I do?

When I launch the DJI Assistant app, then plug in the Mavic, I get this warning to update the app. When I try to update it, it goes through a long process of updating through the terminal, where I type in my password. I restart the computer and it does it all over again. But when I cancel out of the updating process and just do the calibration, the calibration system errors out over and over. Video is attached to show that part of it.

Video of calibration process here

Thank you,
Brian
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bdressel Posted at 1-5 09:12
Hi, thanks for the update.

1. I am using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (v2.0.14) from the link you provided. I have even re-installed it.

Hi Brian, I am sorry for the difficulties. It seems that the video was not attached successfully only a screenshot. Would you mind uploading it again?
Besides, if the vision system keeps needing for calibration after successfully calibrating it, I am afraid that you may have to consider sending the drone back to us for further diagnosis and service.
Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
We will do our best to help this out.
2023-1-6
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

Here is the video link
2023-1-9
Use props
bdressel
lvl.1

United States

I don't think your add link button is working. Can I send the video another way? It's too big to upload. Let's try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf0w61bvj7z31r7/Mavic_2_Calibration_Process_Failure.mp4?dl=0
2023-1-9
Use props
ramin_2024
lvl.1
France

Hello good time
When I want to calibrate the camera, it stops at 20% and does not continue. What is the problem?
2023-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ramin_2024 Posted at 12-8 10:33
Hello good time
When I want to calibrate the camera, it stops at 20% and does not continue. What is the problem?

Hi there, sorry for the issue you encountered. Could you please confirm if the calibration will fail with any error message at the end? If yes, please provide the error message to me for further checking.
At the same time, you may also try to restart the drone, and make sure that you are using the correct DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic for the calibration. Thank you.

2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules