Red archs on display
845 13 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

Can anybody tell me why these red archs are on my display, regardless of  temperature? I've turned it off an on, changed batteries, put it away and opened it all up a couple of days later. It's a used drone but brand new to me. I did purchase it sight unseen but I don't think it's the worst thing ever, I'd just like to know why.
CCA28234-4672-477C-8892-96FE2B7064E3.jpeg
2023-1-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

This is the OA sensors displaying the locations of obstacles. Lets you know where and when you are getting close to something. The bigger they are, the closer the object.
2023-1-2
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-2 12:20
This is the OA sensors displaying the locations of obstacles. Lets you know where and when you are getting close to something. The bigger they are, the closer the object.

Thank you!  There's a lot more drone here than I'm familiar with!
2023-1-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 1-2 12:31
Thank you!  There's a lot more drone here than I'm familiar with!

Yes there is. I suggest reading the manual several times. Especially the sections with the warning triangle. It will save you a ton of heartbreak and maybe expense.
2023-1-2
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-2 12:35
Yes there is. I suggest reading the manual several times. Especially the sections with the warning triangle. It will save you a ton of heartbreak and maybe expense.

I will get to that. I need to download it, as it didn't come with the manual.
2023-1-2
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 1-2 12:59
I will get to that. I need to download it, as it didn't come with the manual.

It's about halfway down this page:

https://www.dji.com/air-2s/downloads
2023-1-2
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-2 13:04

Thank you, I've already downloaded and am making my way through. But I'll get there!
2023-1-2
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-2 13:04

I just spent about 3 hours making my way through the entire user manual. I never came across any documentation regarding the red archs on the screen. I may have zoned out, but I hope not.
2023-1-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dark Horse Posted at 1-2 20:43
I just spent about 3 hours making my way through the entire user manual. I never came across any documentation regarding the red archs on the screen. I may have zoned out, but I hope not.

No, I just had a look. It's not there. But it is the OA sensors. If you open the attitude indicator, they show up there also.
2023-1-2
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

I never doubted you on this, I just never read any documentation about it.
I inadvertently installed two of the propellers wrong. Looks hard to do but I managed. As it began to lift it stopped and shut down, I got a notification that they were incorrectly installed. I didn't read anything about that either and I was looking for that since I had already done it.
2023-1-2
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

You can turn it off from the menu but it is better turned on.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for reaching out. Mobilehomer is correct, those red marks are the Obstacle Avoidance Level Range. The radar color will be shown red when the distance is at 0 to 2 m and orange at 2 to 5 m. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-4
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-4 01:27
Hi, Dark Horse. Thank you for reaching out. Mobilehomer is correct, those red marks are the Obstacle Avoidance Level Range. The radar color will be shown red when the distance is at 0 to 2 m and orange at 2 to 5 m. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

Thank you Gamora!
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dark Horse. You're most welcome. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us here at DJI Forum. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules