Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI,

I am an English user in the US using the M3E.  When used with the speaker, any numbers typed in for text to speech synthesis are rendered in Chinese.  Can this be resolved via a future update please?
2023-1-2
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony,
was this ever fixed? I have yet to receive my horn/speaker... can't test.
2023-1-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 1-6 00:16
Tony,
was this ever fixed? I have yet to receive my horn/speaker... can't test.

Not yet!
It is still reading back numbers as Chinese.
2023-1-6
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mine finally came in an hour ago, and confirmed, its ready digits back in <not English> . lovely.
2023-1-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yep.  I'm not sure if I need to open a ticket with them or not.... but probably will.  Was kind of hoping a DJI admin would pick it up from here.
2023-1-6
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same.

A work around for time being; type out the digits in words.
One two three = spoken in English
1 2 3 = spoken in <not English>
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. At present, numbers typed in for text-to-speech synthesis are rendered in Chinese. But you can try to enter the number in the corresponding language for the time being. And please don't worry, this problem will be fixed later, for any updates, you can also stay tuned to our official website. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

2023-1-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-12 23:55
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. At present, numbers typed in for text-to-speech synthesis are rendered in Chinese. But you can try to enter the number in the corresponding language for the time being. And please don't worry, this problem will be fixed later, for any updates, you can also stay tuned to our official website. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

Thank you for the reply @DJI Natalia!  I appreciate knowing that DJI is aware and hoping it will be fixed.  Nothing against Chinese, it's just that anyone I am broadcasting to will not understand it.  : )

Tony
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 1-13 09:14
Thank you for the reply @DJI Natalia!  I appreciate knowing that DJI is aware and hoping it will be fixed.  Nothing against Chinese, it's just that anyone I am broadcasting to will not understand it.  : )

Tony

Thank you for your feedback as well, Tony.
Should you have any questions or needs, please feel free to contact us here anytime.
2023-1-14
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump. This would be lovely if fixed.
2023-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 3-15 06:10
Bump. This would be lovely if fixed.

Agreed.  Kind of surprised it is still not fixed.  It is a very basic matter to have the correct language pack for TTS.
2023-3-15
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 07:34
Agreed.  Kind of surprised it is still not fixed.  It is a very basic matter to have the correct language pack for TTS.

agreed. but are we really surprised though? ::shrug::
2023-3-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI - Enterprise drone sold in America speaks Chinese.  Cmon, this is a headline we can fix.
2023-3-19
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

*bump* another month later.
2023-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the Enterprise series seems to be getting the same lack of attention as the consumer series.  : (
2023-4-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13424032 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-21 07:51
Yes, the Enterprise series seems to be getting the same lack of attention as the consumer series.  : (

The Enterprise products are DJI's last concern. I see admins respond to some of the dumbest questions when it has to do with consumer products. With Enterprise though it's impossible to get any input with value, or at all usually. DJI is too busy releasing new drones to finish development of drones already out. The new Mavic just got a 3rd camera but the M3E still doesn't even have adjustable white balance. DJI's business strategy is "release now finish developing later". Basically using their customers as free beta testers. Remember how they rushed the Mavic 3 out so they could catch the Christmas season? It was missing majority of the features that it has today. The M3E launch was almost identical, 7 months later we haven't received the same post-launch development. It doesn't take much effort to add English text to speech for goodness sake.
2023-4-26
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

@DJI - are there any plans to fix this? It's rather time consuming typing out numbers, when 1-2-3 should be quick 3 characters. beside, we iz amikans. can't spell anyway.
2023-5-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI, this defect is still present.    Hello???
2023-8-20
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Seriously. This is silly.
2023-8-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13424032 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-12 23:55
Hi, there.

"please don't worry, this problem will be fixed later"
So 8 months ago DJI confirms that this is a problem. It still hasn't been addressed or even added to the M3E Known Issues list. This company has become pitiful and a shadow of its former self. DJI used to be so innovative but now your products have backtracked in capabilities and y'all won't even clean up the mess you've made of them. You withhold the Mavic 3 SDK with the idea that it'll sell more M3E's. Then DJI goes and leaves the M3E in a unusable bug filled stage that nobody wants to buy it. I'm sure the unofficial reason is because there isn't enough units sold to justify fixing the known issues. Truth is there's too many known issues DJI ignores to sell the units.
2023-8-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fixed with latest firmware!  The update was to the drones firmware only, no update needed for the speaker module.  Finally.
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules