DJI Action 3 close up shot on the focus video talk
123Next >
4159 115 2023-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Here to help, thought I  try to just show some hints or tips. if you are going to tear into your camera, i hop  the vids and topics are helpful out there, that said, at least you get someone talking clear and a clear shot close up, on that note. if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
FISH

(I found that the site excludes the [URL] bracketing on my main posts)

2023-1-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

problem solved for  my  main post site excluded the main start and end brackets   edited correctly
2023-1-2
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Great that you showed his name is not pronounced, how about that. But you know that unless you turned the lens for him, you're just another conspirator, like me and everyone else, who really did it and are already satisfied with the focus? This is the only solution to move the focus plane according to your needs at the cost of losing the warranty, but what if there is no other way at the moment. Those who want to wait behind the summoner (highly unlikely) and those who don't are already full of instructions everywhere. Thank you again Fish, you have a sober opinion that you come to from your own experience, that doesn't work very well today. And sorry for the spam.
2023-1-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

StevoB Posted at 1-2 23:27
Great that you showed his name is not pronounced, how about that. But you know that unless you turned the lens for him, you're just another conspirator, like me and everyone else, who really did it and are already satisfied with the focus? This is the only solution to move the focus plane according to your needs at the cost of losing the warranty, but what if there is no other way at the moment. Those who want to wait behind the summoner (highly unlikely) and those who don't are already full of instructions everywhere. Thank you again Fish, you have a sober opinion that you come to from your own experience, that doesn't work very well today. And sorry for the spam.

the problem lies at DJI, the solution is the user, the resolution is what wins.  and the choice is yours. thank you for your Opinion.
FISH
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-2 16:44
https://youtu.be/-DbCaeVBmZY

So just to be clear. You haven’t completed this exercise. So my question is how do you know this works and mostly to assure others why it will improve their A3. Everyone just now has a warranty so everybody has a warranty to lose along with making a complete ba!!s of trying this.

Now so far on this forum 1 person has shown he actually done it. But he never showed a single frame of video coverage posted a photo that was completely riddled with out of focus parts in it. Would you not find it strange that since he done it he has never posted anything to show it worked and worked much better than it was previously.
I think people are very much entitled to see actual proof and ask the questions why how and where has this knowledge arrived from. Otherwise this is an exercise that is completely without any foundation or proof that it works and why. From what I see in your video is you just simply watched someone else and produced a video without any facts, except to advise that it was much better and safer to send your camera to DJI for replacement.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

For me, there were cosmetic marks after 30 cm of tweezers on both sides. I didn't make a mark, because it only rotates very little, so I didn't consider it necessary. If I was patient, I would make a similar device like Andreas Dück in his YT videos. I had the impression that the initial permission would be a little harder, so I pressed harder than I should have, but the warmed-up camera recorded 4k/120fps for about 20 minutes and it did it easily. If you want to do it without the teeth, you need to prepare something with a diameter of 14.22 mm (0.560 in).

traces of tweezers

2023-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 04:13
So just to be clear. You haven’t completed this exercise. So my question is how do you know this works and mostly to assure others why it will improve their A3. Everyone just now has a warranty so everybody has a warranty to lose along with making a complete ba!!s of trying this.

Now so far on this forum 1 person has shown he actually done it. But he never showed a single frame of video coverage posted a photo that was completely riddled with out of focus parts in it. Would you not find it strange that since he done it he has never posted anything to show it worked and worked much better than it was previously.

the video is about showing some tips, thank you for your comment
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 04:13

Now so far on this forum 1 person has shown he actually done it. But he never showed a single frame of video coverage posted a photo that was completely riddled with out of focus parts in it. Would you not find it strange that since he done it he has never posted anything to show it worked and worked much better than it was previously.

The fact that no one here on the forum has filmed this procedure means nothing in your thin perception of this problem. This forum is not the only platform where you will learn much more about bad focus. I will give one example, which you have already seen, but you like to forget, or it is already a diagnosis without insult.

https://www.youtube.com/@AndreasDueck/videos  

Pozeraj sa a uč sa. Pripomeniem ti, ako stále, zapnúť titulky a dať preložiť do u teba najskôr angličtiny, pokiaľ nerozumieš, ako ja nemecky.
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 04:54
The fact that no one here on the forum has filmed this procedure means nothing in your thin perception of this problem. This forum is not the only platform where you will learn much more about bad focus. I will give one example, which you have already seen, but you like to forget, or it is already a diagnosis without insult.

Andreas Dück  

I don’t have any difficulty in knowing what focus is or how it works. The fact that someone has filmed himself on this forum but failed to post results is becoming more suspicious everyday and regardless what you say about the photo there was very badly focused areas in the photo , not consistent with motion blur that would appear across the photo except in the place the camera focused so the motion blur is nothing but a poor excuse .
There is a real lack of any proof of this working and its clear the OP above has also offered absolutely no proof that this procedure will work and with no explanation why or how it works just shows how this is nothing but a made up bunch of nonsense by people who cannot and refuse to post or even explain .
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 05:13
I don’t have any difficulty in knowing what focus is or how it works. The fact that someone has filmed himself on this forum but failed to post results is becoming more suspicious everyday and regardless what you say about the photo there was very badly focused areas in the photo , not consistent with motion blur that would appear across the photo except in the place the camera focused so the motion blur is nothing but a poor excuse .
There is a real lack of any proof of this working and its clear the OP above has also offered absolutely no proof that this procedure will work and with no explanation why or how it works just shows how this is nothing but a made up bunch of nonsense by people who cannot and refuse to post or even explain .

You responded again, without watching the videos. You don't even have enough evidence. Waste of time with you. To this day, scientists cannot describe and explain life itself, its mechanism, and yet we breathe. So why should you understand something that others do?
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 05:27
You responded again, without watching the videos. You don't even have enough evidence. Waste of time with you. To this day, scientists cannot describe and explain life itself, its mechanism, and yet we breathe. So why should you understand something that others do?

If I leave my car, camera , watch to be repaired I can ask the engineers what they fixed and why it broke and expect to get answers. If they said they hadn’t a clue or were just guessing or done nothing then it would be the last time id use them. You are asking people to believe you without any explanation or proof even the proof they should already have. Why not post the proof. Your friend didn’t mind posting the proof he did the procedure but failed miserably to produce one sample of the results behind all his work. And to this day even you cannot admit this is complete bonkers. It’s like inventing the cure for cancer but not allowing anyone use or benefit from it. It a question you and all those whining on here have completely ignored.

I have watched the video many times. It has no explanation and very little proof… why would I need to watch it again.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 05:45
If I leave my car, camera , watch to be repaired I can ask the engineers what they fixed and why it broke and expect to get answers. If they said they hadn’t a clue or were just guessing or done nothing then it would be the last time id use them. You are asking people to believe you without any explanation or proof even the proof they should already have. Why not post the proof. Your friend didn’t mind posting the proof he did the procedure but failed miserably to produce one sample of the results behind all his work. And to this day even you cannot admit this is complete bonkers. It’s like inventing the cure for cancer but not allowing anyone use or benefit from it. It a question you and all those whining on here have completely ignored.

See Andre's videos and mine in the x times entered link, that you don't believe them, that they are real, it's only your problem and no one is taking it from you, we have no way to pay you to believe... There are only a fraction of people on this forum who solve and have solved many problems, not only by focus. Do you have a parental lock on youtube? By today there must be more smart people like Andreas Dück who search and find solutions, but I have no reason to search for answers to what I already know and I will not do you a disservice by shoving links under your nose that you don't look at anyway , you just go around your text the same. Even if someone filmed the entire repair process, including sharpening and fine-tuning, probably just like a webcam, so that it would be one uncut video, you would still question that they are slipped images, tests, videos... just what are you like, simply unbelieving Tomas. Once it all pops, like bubbles, and the truth comes out, as it always does, I'm curious about your reactions, what you'll say and how you'll treat everyone you've called a liar, an idiot, a whiner...
2023-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SteveoB thank you

just noticed the comment, calipar great tool to measure and share  some info thanks on that
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 06:01
See Andre's videos and mine in the x times entered link, that you don't believe them, that they are real, it's only your problem and no one is taking it from you, we have no way to pay you to believe... There are only a fraction of people on this forum who solve and have solved many problems, not only by focus. Do you have a parental lock on youtube? By today there must be more smart people like Andreas Dück who search and find solutions, but I have no reason to search for answers to what I already know and I will not do you a disservice by shoving links under your nose that you don't look at anyway , you just go around your text the same. Even if someone filmed the entire repair process, including sharpening and fine-tuning, probably just like a webcam, so that it would be one uncut video, you would still question that they are slipped images, tests, videos... just what are you like, simply unbelieving Tomas. Once it all pops, like bubbles, and the truth comes out, as it always does, I'm curious about your reactions, what you'll say and how you'll treat everyone you've called a liar, an idiot, a whiner...

we have no way to pay you to believe...

Then post its free costs nothing.

And believe me I’ve been continually discussed name called had racists remarks because of my nationality laughed at rebuked . In fact your friend 666 post only constant insults on all my posts and doesn’t bother discussing anything about cameras in fact its my belief he doesn’t even own a A3. So don’t be only concerned about what I say to others because you all have no problems insulting making fun or trying to degrade others who are trying to help.

I firmly believe the reason no one is taking up this unfounded procedure is because there is no proof and the reluctance of others to post results .
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 06:19
we have no way to pay you to believe...

Then post its free costs nothing.

I don't mean your off-topic insults either, but yours on us, regarding Out of Focus. See, you're turning it on others again.
2023-1-3
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't understand why 007 is dredging up the 'insults' etc following the warning by admin. That has nothing to do with this topic so I have reported the post. It is resurrecting old arguments on another thread and there was no reason to bring this up here.

There is a link to Stevo's YT channel where he has posted videos. If that isn't proof, then it's best to leave it there.
2023-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the video, disreguard the  fine hair that was attracted to the lens, the ring that is around the cameras lens, I wonder if removing  it will allow  the added room, I did watch a few vids, and  they were interesting, indeed, I will have to again watch the one pointed out by you steve

Yes I watched it and he used a hose clamp, pretty smart indeed what a spanner would do if DJI can offer the tool but that is inhouse  info
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 06:25
I don't mean your off-topic insults either, but yours on us, regarding Out of Focus. See, you're turning it on others again.

No I’m turning it on others. If anyone disagreed with any of you, they would be systematically insulted.

You can see already post directly above this lancraig once again accusing me of insults in the last post I made. And it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s very clear people like him depend on hunting in packs others who want absolutely nothing to do with him but he cannot help himself. He needs to get a life and stop trolling others constantly on this forum.

He says there is a link to your YT channel showing you doing this. So either I’m mistaken or people on this forum are confused with the post you first posted of someone else and not you posting the procedure.
2023-1-3
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This from Hallmark007

And believe me I’ve been continually discussed name called had racists remarks because of my nationality laughed at rebuked . In fact your friend 666 post only constant insults on all my posts and doesn’t bother discussing anything about cameras in fact its my belief he doesn’t even own a A3. So don’t be only concerned about what I say to others because you all have no problems insulting making fun or trying to degrade others who are trying to help.

Not connected with this thread. It would be best to amend it since you are referencing posts pre Natalia's warning, therefore trying to resurrect it.

From dji Natalia....

'Therefore, topics that are not related to DJI products are not allowed. Kindly stop the topics that are not related here FROM NOW ON, vulgar, hateful, or otherwise obscene language is not tolerated'
2023-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting DIY tips Fish.    Personally I'm a bit risk averse so I'd leave this fix for DJI.
2023-1-3
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 07:11
Interesting DIY tips Fish.    Personally I'm a bit risk averse so I'd leave this fix for DJI.

I haven’t got the bottle either!
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 06:25
I don't mean your off-topic insults either, but yours on us, regarding Out of Focus. See, you're turning it on others again.

I have watched some of your videos on YT I wont post but there is one that shows clearly your camera is out of focus on the right edge. It’s a video showing opening scene and clearly the Christmas tree and presents under it are completely out of focus. You should post it and see what others say.
2023-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 07:11
Interesting DIY tips Fish.    Personally I'm a bit risk averse so I'd leave this fix for DJI.

thank you:   for me like was noted below i rather leave this up to people that have  the funds to simply do it
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 07:14
I have watched some of your videos on YT I wont post but there is one that shows clearly your camera is out of focus on the right edge. It’s a video showing opening scene and clearly the Christmas tree and presents under it are completely out of focus. You should post it and see what others say.

If you mean the children's show, it was filmed in Ultra wide, which I hardly ever use. The video was immediately posted on YT without editing and shared by the parents of the performing children. Show me which OA3 is sharp around the edges in this FOV ultra wide at max ISO in bad light (even if the sun was shining it wouldn't be). I didn't know about the unit overheating patch at the time (the famous 1.2.10.10) so I shot it in HD so it wouldn't shut down before the kids finished. I never focused neither when taking photos, which I did years before, nor filming, which is new for me and I am learning it for amateur needs, I never focused on the edges and parts where the human eye is not directed by the object, because it is not even physiologically possible. Even if I were to slightly blur the edges by manipulating the optics, I prefer to have what I want "sharp" and what is the background in the video, it can be whatever it wants, because no one is ever watching there, because there is no information for the viewer... ..except for exceptions like you.
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 08:18
If you mean the children's show, it was filmed in Ultra wide, which I hardly ever use. The video was immediately posted on YT without editing and shared by the parents of the performing children. Show me which OA3 is sharp around the edges in this FOV ultra wide at max ISO in bad light (even if the sun was shining it wouldn't be). I didn't know about the unit overheating patch at the time (the famous 1.2.10.10) so I shot it in HD so it wouldn't shut down before the kids finished. I never focused neither when taking photos, which I did years before, nor filming, which is new for me and I am learning it for amateur needs, I never focused on the edges and parts where the human eye is not directed by the object, because it is not even physiologically possible. Even if I were to slightly blur the edges by manipulating the optics, I prefer to have what I want "sharp" and what is the background in the video, it can be whatever it wants, because no one is ever watching there, because there is no information for the viewer... ..except for exceptions like you.

This is what I mean by proof and being straight , you never mentioned your moving of the lens created out of focus on the edges . You will also see clear out of focus on a running video you posted this time its on at least 3 different points including just off centre.

It seems now focus is not a issue any longer for you, I now understand why videos are not posted, but so many of you slated BP for the videos he posted but they are clearly better than what I can see . This whole saga is a pity but would not have been this way if those who were posting had have been honest about the results they got but its clear this has left cameras with flaws that have been introduced by taken this DIY option.

I will take and post a video showing in focus across the frame in ultra wide particularly with no moving subjects and camera on a tripod.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

We say that a mute child can't even be understood by his own mother. Make a printscreen, tag and hang are public. The only public video you can see from the run is a comparison of 4k not HDR with HD HDR , others was made on November 3rd and posted on November 11th and also from GoPro. I did the editing focus on December 12. sometime after lunch on the day it came to me from Germany (complaint) and on the day I reached out and found out that it didn't do anything with the focus on 1.2.10.10, as much as it could.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

They must be having a party in Google today, because as for the translation through their translator, I also correct the posts 3 times... because the context looks exactly the opposite of what I think...I will write in Slovak with and in the translation without....e.g
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 09:31
We say that a mute child can't even be understood by his own mother. Make a printscreen, tag and hang are public. The only public video you can see from the run is a comparison of 4k not HDR with HD HDR comparison of 4k not HDR with HD HDRcomparison, others was made on November 3rd and posted on November 11th and also from GoPro. I did the editing focus on December 12. sometime after lunch on the day it came to me from Germany (complaint) and on the day I reached out and found out that it didn't do anything with the focus on 1.2.10.10, as much as it could.

Well I don’t agree with screen grabs on videos to show where the focus is missing but seen as you insist but I don’t think we will learn anything from it. We would learn a lot more by simply being honest with the members on this forum and telling and showing both the good and the bad of DIY on your camera because its far from a perfect improvement and is certainly no better than cameras after last FW.

See screengrab below but it serves very little purpose .

2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 09:48
Well I don’t agree with screen grabs on videos to show where the focus is missing but seen as you insist but I don’t think we will learn anything from it. We would learn a lot more by simply being honest with the members on this forum and telling and showing both the good and the bad of DIY on your camera because its far from a perfect improvement and is certainly no better than cameras after last FW.

See screengrab below but it serves very little purpose .

Why don't you focus on the image when I'm not running, because this is clearly evidence of motion blur, because you show the center as well, not just the edges, as you wrote. The entire printscreen is mud, thank you youtube. Here's how it came out of Davinci test HDR You have to download it, otherwise it will go through YT. It can be quite a bit smudgy in the middle too, because I have the camera in my running belt without a cover during the run, so sometimes it is wet, I just wipe it against myself before starting...on the road, the covers are rubber, like I already have on the GP.
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 09:58
Why don't you focus on the image when I'm not running, because this is clearly evidence of motion blur, because you show the center as well, not just the edges, as you wrote. The entire printscreen is mud, thank you youtube. Here's how it came out of Davinci test HDR You have to download it, otherwise it will go through YT.

Because these tests really show nothing and I clearly said I didn’t want to post anything. Why don’t you put up a video a fully edited video to show how much better you believe the focus to be . I have already pointed out in your video on YT it clearly has flaws and is not how the camera should record particularly off a tripod where there is no movement. It’s clearly not right even if you like it better it’s just not right .

I pointed out the flaws in the DIY method they are there and they should be shown even for others to see where this DIY method has clearly not worked. They say you cannot make a silk purse out of a calf’s ear and this is clearly the case here and I have pointed this out all along.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 10:13
Because these tests really show nothing and I clearly said I didn’t want to post anything. Why don’t you put up a video a fully edited video to show how much better you believe the focus to be . I have already pointed out in your video on YT it clearly has flaws and is not how the camera should record particularly off a tripod where there is no movement. It’s clearly not right even if you like it better it’s just not right .

I pointed out the flaws in the DIY method they are there and they should be shown even for others to see where this DIY method has clearly not worked. They say you cannot make a silk purse out of a calf’s ear and this is clearly the case here and I have pointed this out all along.

Now you just explained to yourself why everyone is laughing at you. You showed another bad example of a printscreen, where there are a lot of bubbles, who knows in what resolution you made the printscreen, because the yt bar is not visible. One day, when it's finally sunny again, I'll make a video just for you and at the same time from GP11, so that there's something to compare with and you can't argue about anything.
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 10:20
Now you just explained to yourself why everyone is laughing at you. You showed another bad example of a printscreen, where there are a lot of bubbles, who knows in what resolution you made the printscreen, because the yt bar is not visible. One day, when it's finally sunny again, I'll make a video just for you and at the same time from GP11, so that there's something to compare with and you can't argue about anything.

I think my post said everything , I really should have posted your out of focus video to show everyone on this forum that all your DIY work did was just create out of focus areas that are anything but consistent. Read my post again I didn’t want to post it and I clearly wrote this. I don’t need to be dishonest about what I do. And YT is not the cause of your footage looking like Mud , that is 100% caused by bad or no proper rendering.

Check out exactly what I wrote the yellow highlights it.

2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 10:20
Now you just explained to yourself why everyone is laughing at you. You showed another bad example of a printscreen, where there are a lot of bubbles, who knows in what resolution you made the printscreen, because the yt bar is not visible. One day, when it's finally sunny again, I'll make a video just for you and at the same time from GP11, so that there's something to compare with and you can't argue about anything.

Here’s what you asked for still out of focus areas.

There is no consistency with these out of focus areas so almost impossible to fix and totally opposite of what the camera was designed to be used for.
2023-1-3
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-3 10:32
Here’s what you asked for still out of focus areas.[view_image]

And in the middle do you think it is? I already found something in the sun, hold on, it's processing now.

2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 10:34
And in the middle do you think it is? I already found something in the sun, hold on, it's processing now.

The centre is focused it looks soft but that's because its zoomed . But so is mine but my focus edge to edge is better.
2023-1-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

StevoB Posted at 1-3 10:34
And in the middle do you think it is? I already found something in the sun, hold on, it's processing now.
https://youtu.be/ebXX9jQgxVQ

It’s better that’s for sure but I would expect this .
2023-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-3 07:12
I haven’t got the bottle either!

2023-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-3 07:21
thank you:   for me like was noted below i rather leave this up to people that have  the funds to simply do it

Your very welcome Fish.  Hope you are having a wonderful week.  Stay warm up there in the Northeast.
2023-1-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 13:46
Your very welcome Fish.  Hope you are having a wonderful week.  Stay warm up there in the Northeast.

thank you. amazing its near 60, and weather will drop down soon, but with the A3,  focus  tips. hope people can see that its  something they need to think about before just chancing  their cameras, what DJI is  here for, the assistance to help out
2023-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-3 15:36
thank you. amazing its near 60, and weather will drop down soon, but with the A3,  focus  tips. hope people can see that its  something they need to think about before just chancing  their cameras, what DJI is  here for, the assistance to help out

No doubt your weather will return to winter temps soon.  At least you do get all 4 seasons.  Down here we basically get two (Spring and Summer)
2023-1-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules