Does anyone know if the virtual Pilot app works on LG3
1271 10 2015-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g.kozma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226280 ft
United States

I have a P3 Professional, I hook up the phone to the controler and turn on the p3-hit the help menue from there is sapposed to be the virtual pilot app I would like to tinker around with this in the house.. I have heard that the virtual pilot app is only on the IOS platform does anyone know if it is on the Androd platform I have seen several post on this saying it is yet I cannot seem to get it working..additionaly I do have usb debuging on  I am not seeing a option for P2P on this LG3  (the virtual pilot app doesn't show up) any fead back would be of much help----keep flying, keep safe!!!
2015-8-16
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

if you are referring to the simulator, as far as i know it still not available on androids.
fly and have fun
2015-8-16
Use props
todor
First Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am also using G3 and will be happy to use the flight simulator on Android. Hope we will have it soon
2015-8-17
Use props
g.kozma
lvl.1
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-17 11:37
if you are referring to the simulator, as far as i know it still not available on androids.
fly and  ...

Rayroni, Thank you for your fallow ups you a great asset to this forum  Having a blast with my p3 professional...still a little hesitant to do the water shots  lol  but thank you
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

g.kozma Posted at 2015-8-17 20:44
Rayroni, Thank you for your fallow ups you a great asset to this forum  Having a blast with my p3  ...

thank you for your kind words.
i live by the Shenandoah river so as you can imagine most of my flights are over water!!
i absolutely trust my P3. it is rock solid. i religiously check compass value before each take off and manually double check the compass bearing if at a new location.
i check the props and the motor mount screws religiously after a days flight when i get back home and i inspect every inch of the P3. i check each individual cell on the battery to make sure there is not any big discrepancies.
i turn vps off when over water, now i have it turned off for good as i noticed i was up 300' and the vps reading kept showing i was 12' off the ground!!!!.
i have and do practice a lot in atti mode in case something goes wrong.
i make a plan where to land it if i cant get it back to me.
i take off from a point where if RTH is initiated the p3 does not land on a TREE, in fact i make sure there are no tall trees within a 30' radius.
closest i have dared to get to water surface was about 6 inches and that was very close to me so i could see . normally im about 15 feet above water.
i dont get any where near ....... trees, they seem to eat up P3s.
have fun.
2015-8-17
Use props
g.kozma
lvl.1
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-18 00:20
thank you for your kind words.
i live by the Shenandoah river so as you can imagine most of my fli ...

Thanks for the pointers Rayrokni, ya I am still hesitant around water-very cool I am jealous haha.. On the note of the trees being a new flyer I was setting in the park talking to some people about how reliable and easy the P3 is.. NEVER MIND THE BATTERY warning big mistake. So I am flying at about 12 ft under the tree line so as not to kit the trees critical battery warning   YEP YOU GUEST IT  return to home kicked in were my setting is set to 90ft  lets just say I didn't want it going 90 ft into the trees so I took it into one at like 12-15 ft  crashed to the ground picked it up dusted it off.. after shaking me head a couple of times and kicking my self --back to flying I went  that is after changing the one broken propeller--LESSON LEARNED
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

g.kozma Posted at 2015-8-19 08:14
Thanks for the pointers Rayrokni, ya I am still hesitant around water-very cool I am jealous haha. ...

im am glad it didnt get too damaged. you know you can control the p3 fully when in RTH mode, right? or quickly hit RTH on RC again to cancel or on your device,. i find it a lot quicker to do it on RC as on the app you have to hit the button, and then say yes to "are you Sure"
2015-8-18
Use props
g.kozma
lvl.1
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 08:19
im am glad it didnt get too damaged. you know you can control the p3 fully when in RTH mode, right ...

as a newbie it happened so quickly I was not sure what was going on. I took the safest course of action in the environment I was in...paying attention to the warning would have done me well    ya I walked out unscathed ......learned a bit sense---  Back to the water exactly how do I go about setting this up for over the water if you got a chance for better explanation I would greatly appreciate it--the settings I need to be in--I have seen a lot of videos and read the manuals none of the are really clear cut to the point set this this and this  Thanks Ron,, and as a lawyer would say you are not held accountable for any mishaps lol. I am on my own
2015-8-18
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

g.kozma Posted at 2015-8-19 09:45
as a newbie it happened so quickly I was not sure what was going on. I took the safest course of a ...

we learn by our mistakes!! the only true right we have!!!
anyways, click on the settings icon on your topleft corner of the app
then scroll to advanced and tap on it
then scroll to VPS and turn it off.
thats the only setting you can turn off for flying above water. i have mine turned off for good right now as i was 300' in the air and noticed the vps would say i am 12' off the ground!!!!
i dont fly indoors and i dont fly at a low enough altitude for vps to be of any use for me.
i wish you the best luck and let me know how your water experience goes.
i wish it never happens, but if u do have a mishap, take battery out and put p3 to rest for a week or so in a warmish place, i dont like using rice to dry it out as the grains may get into places that will be hard to remove later
2015-8-18
Use props
g.kozma
lvl.1
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-19 10:01
we learn by our mistakes!! the only true right we have!!!
anyways, click on the settings icon on y ...

Ron Thank you ever so much for your feedback, winds have been a little wicked here in Michigan So I haven't had it out in a couple of days, Rice hay sounds like you have had a couple of mishap yourself if you know that trick  Lmao- ps If you do happen to use rice you can put it just in a general vicinity like in a bowl (strainer) and then put the unit in a sealed back it will act as a wick!!!!!  THanks a million Rayrokni, if ya get board and want to check out a site I am working on going to get 333 except as they start cracking down and do it all legit... still in design stages http://airpeep.com/x   x is my testing server   again  Thanks a million keep safe and keep flying
2015-8-20
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

g.kozma Posted at 2015-8-20 20:58
Ron Thank you ever so much for your feedback, winds have been a little wicked here in Michigan So  ...

no so far no water accidents, but thanks for the :trick", hope i never need to use it!
as far as wind, i ve flown mine in 20ish mph and it holds its ground, solid as a rock!!
2015-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules