Connecting the DJI RC to WiFi
8128 5 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

Noobe inquiry:

The manuals for the RC and Mini 3 Pro indicate that there is a bunch of syncronization, activation, and etc. that happens before the initial flight.  Shouldn't the RC first be connected to the internet for all of this to happen?

Also, since I don't have a smart phone with data capabilities, I'm not sure how everything will work when I fly somewhere that has no WiFi hot-spots.

Any comments and/or suggestions?

2023-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can swipe down from the top of the screen to turn on wifi or press the cog to configure wifi.

You only need a data connection for geozone unlocks and maps. Although maps can now be downloaded and saved for offline use by doing to your profile and then off line maps.  
2023-1-3
Use props
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 02:07
You can swipe down from the top of the screen to turn on wifi or press the cog to configure wifi.

You only need a data connection for geozone unlocks and maps. Although maps can now be downloaded and saved for offline use by doing to your profile and then off line maps.

I think I can do GeoZone unlocks at home, prior to going out to fly.

Also, am I correct in thinking that Bluetooth would not be necessary as it only connects the controller to a smart phone and is not used to control the drone?
2023-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FirstMedic Posted at 1-3 03:25
I think I can do GeoZone unlocks at home, prior to going out to fly.

Also, am I correct in thinking that Bluetooth would not be necessary as it only connects the controller to a smart phone and is not used to control the drone?

Correct.  Bluetooth not required. In fact when you take off the controller turns off wifi and Bluetooth by default.  
2023-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can unlock here and then sync the controller before you leave home.

https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FirstMedic. Thank you for reaching out. You will only need the DJI RC to connect to the internet upon activation and updating the firmware so that you can pair the drone and the RC. After that, you'll be able to fly without an internet connection. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules