Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1ee08020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225843 ft
  • >>>
United States

PSA: DJI Radio Control 2
We've recently been getting more and more feedback regarding Failsafes with the DJI Radio Control 2 in combination with the DJI Air Unit O3.
Therefore we've decided to step forward and release an official warning. Please DO NOT fly over water or any dangerous environment you might lose your drone or damage property, endanger human life.
A sudden loss of video or radio link will cut both feeds simultaneously which doesn't restore. Be careful. A YouTube link about this topic is shared in the comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teR4S9WxvEU&ab_channel=MadsTech

@Dji do you have any plans on addressing this with a firmware update? A lot of us our nervous to use o3 AU and RC2 now. Lots of money invested in this system already so would appreciate any feedback.
2023-1-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well, OriginalDobo thinks that the ESC iFlight used can't always handle the O3's voltage... But the problem that the RC link gets lost once the video link fails is known and a problem.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans1ee08020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225843 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 1-3 06:23
Well, OriginalDobo thinks that the ESC iFlight used can't always handle the O3's voltage... But the problem that the RC link gets lost once the video link fails is known and a problem.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with Dobos diagnosis re: ESC.

The known problem with RC2 and o3 is what I'm curious about, has DJI addressed this at all and are there any plans to fix with firmware update?

Thanks again
2023-1-3
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans1ee08020 Posted at 1-3 06:28
Yeah I'm not sure I agree with Dobos diagnosis re: ESC.

The known problem with RC2 and o3 is what I'm curious about, has DJI addressed this at all and are there any plans to fix with firmware update?

That of course I don't know but as the Avata is much better received than the FPV I hope there'll be updates and maybe they'll push that into the O3.
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules