DroneZone registration says invalid serial number
5847 16 2023-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

I keep getting an error (Invalid serial number) when trying to register my DJI Air 2S drone on the FAA DroneZone site.

After several attempts, I'm sure that I entered it correctly.   The serial number from the label on the  box is the same as the serial number in the drone.

What am I doing wrong?
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please type the SN for us and send us the picture of the SN on your box?
2023-1-4
Use props
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 02:55
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please type the SN for us and send us the picture of the SN on your box?

3YT7K9800SQ0KN

First picture is a screen-grab from the FAA Drone Zone web site:

Next picture is the label from the box:

Last picture is S/N from the Air 2S:
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FirstMedic Posted at 1-4 03:10
3YT7K9800SQ0KN

First picture is a screen-grab from the FAA Drone Zone web site:

Thanks for your reply. If your drone has a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number
In this case, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the aircraft serial number (or flight controller serial number), for example: DJI Air 2S, Matrice 300 RTK, Agras T30, etc. You can get the Remote ID serial number of these drone in the following 2 ways:
1.   Remote ID Serial number inside the DJI flight control app
2. Enter RID Serial Number according to this format:
RID SN =1581F + 14 digits aircraft SN + 0,20 digits in total
2023-1-4
Use props
FirstMedic
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 03:24
In this case, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the aircraft serial number (or flight controller serial number), for example: DJI Air 2S, Matrice 300 RTK, Agras T30, etc. You can get the Remote ID serial number of these drone in the following 2 ways:

Problem solved.  Thank you.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

FirstMedic Posted at 1-4 04:23
Problem solved.  Thank you.

You are most welcome.
2023-1-4
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

What about a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?
Can I use the RID already?
What should I enter on the FAA page?
Thanks
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

geohei Posted at 6-9 01:15
What about a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0?
Can I use the RID already?
What should I enter on the FAA page?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For those American users who fly the drone with no remote ID function integrated, you need to add a Remote ID module after September 16, 2023, or only fly in the FAA-Recognized Identification Area (FRIA)( guide Cx to check https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots).

The Remote ID module you purchase must be FAA-approved. Follow the Remote ID module instruction manual to properly install it on the drone. You also need to add Remote ID module information such as make, model, and serial number to the FAA drone registry. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-19
Use props
djiuser_zVA0zjmBofGq
lvl.1

Austria

Hi I'm trying to Register a Mini 4 Pro in the USA and the FAA Homepage will not except my Remote SN? it is 14 digi's. Does it have to do with it being a just released Model?
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_zVA0zjmBofGq Posted at 10-1 00:03
Hi I'm trying to Register a Mini 4 Pro in the USA and the FAA Homepage will not except my Remote SN? it is 14 digi's. Does it have to do with it being a just released Model?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Due to changes in the FAA system interface, the compliance statement for DJI Mini 4 Pro failed to be submitted, and its compliance statement is not currently available on the FAA official website. The DJI Mini 4 Pro is complaint with FAA RID. Please feel free to use it and wait patiently for the compliance statement.
2023-10-2
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about the dji fpv drone, how do I find the RID SERIAL NUMBER?
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

wolfwater69 Posted at 10-2 11:04
What about the dji fpv drone, how do I find the RID SERIAL NUMBER?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
Please check the serial number of your aircraft. I think you can try the second method if the aircraft has 14 digits SN:
2. Enter RID Serial Number according to this format:
RID SN =1581F + 14 digits aircraft SN + 0,20 digits in total
2023-10-3
Use props
fans93362a64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605102 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-1-4 03:24

I am having the same problem and put in the exact 20 number ID from my Air 2S and the FAA site says invalid serial number. I took the number right off of the About Page of drone and it was the 1581F plus SN plus 0 (Number 0). It says it is invalid. Can you help me?
1-2 11:30
Use props
fans93362a64
lvl.1
United States

fans93362a64 Posted at 1-2 11:30
I am having the same problem and put in the exact 20 number ID from my Air 2S and the FAA site says invalid serial number. I took the number right off of the About Page of drone and it was the 1581F plus SN plus 0 (Number 0). It says it is invalid. Can you help me?

1-2 11:33
Use props
fans93362a64
lvl.1
United States

fans93362a64 Posted at 1-2 11:30

OK, Figured it out. The last ID is a number 0 not the letter O
1-2 11:56
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans93362a64 Posted at 1-2 11:56
OK, Figured it out. The last ID is a number 0 not the letter O

Sorry for the late response. The serial number consists of letters and numbers (except the letters “I” and “O”). We are glad that you resolved the issue. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
1-3 03:57
Use props
Baposlkör
New
Flight distance : 7858 ft
United States

is this 1581F prefix good for any drone model? I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, will this work for me?
2-21 19:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules