Took a dive with Avata, into a river.
924 8 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

So long story short I took my Avata to a nearby river and thought to fly over it and follow the ravine. Everything went smooth until I hit a branch and took a little tumble from there so I panicked and did all the wrong things and ended up in the deep.

I managed to wade to the spot and dived the drone out from there (was just under 2m deep luckily) went home with it and took apart everything. Dried with hair dryer/let the parts dry on top of radiator overnight/cleaned everything with anti-corrosive electrical spray and took every step there's to take. I read the other post in here where similar occasion happened.

The esc-board was partly melted so bought a new one with new engines. Then assembled the drone back together with new thermal paste and was very satisfied.
The drone flew nicely but was blind so camera/gimbal didn't work (It gave a warning to calibrate gimbal but when tried it stuck in 0% progression) so I came to conclusion that either the camera/gimbal or the main PCB-chip that has USB-C port, SD-card slot and where camera/lower vision module and everyhing connects is damaged.

So I ordered the camera/gimbal right away but I'm pretty sure that I have to replace that chip also because I think I did some damage to the connector on the chip where cameras cord goes.. Seems to me when I compared the Madstech Avata teardown video to my chip that I'm missing two pins on the connector.

SO my question is, Is that Avata main-PCB-board available for consumer somewhere, I have trouble finding it.. And I'm eager to purchase it from anyone if somebody has two Avatas for example That would save me from buying a new drone since I wasn't prepared with DJI care refresh or anything A good lesson for a quite new pilot and interesting to repair the drone but now I'm stuck!

Thanks for all of you in advance!

2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-6
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

I hope you get it working. I bought Care Refresh at the same time I bought my Avata, Air 2S and OM4. I consider it essential
2023-1-6
Use props
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

ReproRetro Posted at 1-6 04:10
I hope you get it working. I bought Care Refresh at the same time I bought my Avata, Air 2S and OM4. I consider it essential

Thanks mate, I'm beginning to think its essential too
2023-1-6
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Best thing to do is send it back to DJI for an inspection and quote to repair. Even though you don't have care refresh it sometime is still cheaper to send it to DJI to repair. I know for certain country's is not easy to return an item but if you can i would. The product has been in water for your safety and others its best to return it.

Hope this helps, i know its not the answer you originally asked, but its the best advice i can offer.

Thanks
Ian

2023-1-6
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Sir_Saukki Posted at 1-6 04:41
Thanks mate, I'm beginning to think its essential too

I had a look on Alibaba, BTW, but didn't see a board listed
2023-1-6
Use props
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

Cauffy Posted at 1-6 04:43
Hi

Best thing to do is send it back to DJI for an inspection and quote to repair. Even though you don't have care refresh it sometime is still cheaper to send it to DJI to repair. I know for certain country's is not easy to return an item but if you can i would. The product has been in water for your safety and others its best to return it.

Hello!

Yes, I've beem thinking on that  too. I contacted local DJI support for an advice and waiting for reply

I'm well aware that there's still a possibility for a drowned drone to malfunction in the future, I have absolutely zero plans on flying it anywhere near people anymore even if i get it to work (I fly in nature/remote places 95% of the time anyway)

I just feel I'm very close to get it working so quitting now is not an option for me, unless it's only option, but I'm thinking to still getting a new one at near future, because of safety and so on.

Anyway I liked to take it apart and get to know the tech inside so however this turns out I'm happy and try to make the best of it.

Thank you for your comment, very much appreciated!
Sauli
2023-1-6
Use props
Sir_Saukki
lvl.1
Finland

ReproRetro Posted at 1-6 05:03
I had a look on Alibaba, BTW, but didn't see a board listed

Thank you very much for the effort! This community is amazingly helpful

I also truly tried to hunt that chip down without luck before writing here, but I reckon there has to be one somewhere even outside of the ones in drones
2023-1-6
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Australia

Sir_Saukki Posted at 1-6 05:12
Thank you very much for the effort! This community is amazingly helpful

I also truly tried to hunt that chip down without luck before writing here, but I reckon there has to be one somewhere even outside of the ones in drones

I've had my Avata Pro View  for over a month but haven't unboxed it yet. Really have to get out there
2023-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules