Rth button
410 9 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200928 ft
United States

We all know the rth button will initiate rth provided you are sufficiently distant from home.

My question is upon autolanding  or in the landing descent what is the effect of pressing rth at that time ?
2023-1-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

A Black Hole will open. All life will end. Every DJI drone will immediately be updated to waypoints. In reality, I think nothing will happen. Try it.
2023-1-6
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

It will simply pause and hover unless it is very close to touchdown.
2023-1-7
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Pressing the RTH button during RTH or Auto Landing will cancel the landing and make the drone hover in place.
Same thing during automated modes like active track, poi, quickshots, mastershots, etc...
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
United States

Yaros that's what I have observed in the past during autolanding. Yesterday I pressed the button during an rth landing, and it paused, and when I let go, it continued descent.

Is it supposed to operate in the 2 different ways?
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX Posted at 1-7 12:45
Yaros that's what I have observed in the past during autolanding. Yesterday I pressed the button during an rth landing, and it paused, and when I let go, it continued descent.

Is it supposed to operate in the 2 different ways?

how high was the drone above the ground?
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
United States

I can't recall how high when pressing the button stopped it and caused hover.  When it just paused and continued descent it was 50-60' high.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query to us. With Flight Pause/RTH Button, press once to make the aircraft brake and hover in place. If the aircraft is performing MasterShots, QuickShots, Smart RTH, or auto landing, press once to exit the procedure and then brake. Press and hold the RTH button until the remote controller beeps to start RTH. Press this button again to cancel RTH and regain control of the aircraft. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_UWwbJhkKO0dX
lvl.2
United States

"" Press rth button again to cancel rth and return to normal flight"

I have seen that occur sometimes during auto landing, like at 50 or 60' high, but not always.

However most of the time, my mini se will just pause its descent, and when you release the rth button, the descent continues.

In autolanding, exactly under what circumstances is that second press of rth  (or first press during descent) supposed to cancel rth?
2023-1-8
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

That is not supposed to happen. You need to short press the button to pause landing. If you hold it, it might pause the RTH/landing and then reinitiate it because you're holding the button.
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules