How to disable RTH
554 12 2023-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dicranurus
lvl.1

United States

I sometimes fly my Avata in areas with heavy tree cover. If there should be some error that would trigger RTH, the drone would fly up into the the tree branches and crash (This happened to a friend). If I'm flying in such conditions I would like the drone to just land where it is and I car retreive saftley. Is there a way to disable RTH and have the Avata land where it is?
2023-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

and this as well...

2023-1-6
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

On controller 2 just press STOP, than bring it to you or land
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dicranurus. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, you can't disable the RTH functions but you can cancel them by pressing the Brake Button if you're using the DJI Motion Controller and Flight Pause/RTH Button if you're using the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. Moreover, for failsafe RTH, if the aircraft signal is lost, you may choose what the drone will do if it will either hover, land, or RTH. You may change this from the Goggles settings, just go to Settings>Safety>Advanced Safety Settings >Aircraft Signal Lost. Hope this helps. Have a safe flight always!

Safety

Safety
2023-1-6
Use props
MeFi_u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 850994 ft
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-6 21:56
Hi, Dicranurus. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, you can't disable the RTH functions but you can cancel them by pressing the Brake Button if you're using the DJI Motion Controller and Flight Pause/RTH Button if you're using the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2. Moreover, for failsafe RTH, if the aircraft signal is lost, you may choose what the drone will do if it will either hover, land, or RTH. You may change this from the Goggles settings, just go to Settings>Safety>Advanced Safety Settings >Aircraft Signal Lost. Hope this helps. Have a safe flight always!

Hello
I was surprised by this today. Before starting flying I set  Fail Save to Hover. Right after the low battery signal, the avata began to increase the flight level. Of course, I canceled it, but when I fly under the tops of trees I would not be happy that RTH was activated even because Low Battery Alarm.

What do other users think about that behavior?
2023-1-7
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had some strange behavior during my last RTH. Looks like there is a bug with the RTH.
2023-1-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

MeFi_u Posted at 1-7 09:13
Hello
I was surprised by this today. Before starting flying I set  Fail Save to Hover. Right after the low battery signal, the avata began to increase the flight level. Of course, I canceled it, but when I fly under the tops of trees I would not be happy that RTH was activated even because Low Battery Alarm.

yep,  just hope you don't get a disconnect under the tree tops and the drone goes to hover until the battery runs low.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MeFi_u Posted at 1-7 09:13
Hello

Hi, MeFi_u. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata  has downward vision systems. When flying above the trees, and if the Low  Battery RTH prompt appear and you cancel it, the drone will automatically brake and hover in place in Normal/Sport mode when the downward vision systems are enabled. When the Intelligent Flight Battery level is too low and there is not enough power to return home, it is highly recommended to land the aircraft as soon as possible. Please note that the aircraft will calculate the battery level required for the aircraft to return to the Home Point based on the current position (altitude/distance to Home Point/RTH altitude) in real-time. The aircraft's Low Battery RTH is a safe and effective flight method. Once canceled, it may trigger flight accident risks. To avoid accidents, it is recommended to return the aircraft to the Home Point manually in a timely manner after the first cancellation of RTH. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-10
Use props
Dicranurus
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-6 21:56

Perfect, this will help.
Thanks
2023-1-12
Use props
Big Fil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113484 ft
United States

It would be nice if DJI added an option to not try to RTH based on battery level. For instance when I set my failsafe to "hover" i'm intentionally doing so because I know i'm flying under thick tree cover and don't want to crash if trying to RTH.
2023-1-13
Use props
MeFi_u
lvl.2
Poland

Big Fil Posted at 1-13 16:44
It would be nice if DJI added an option to not try to RTH based on battery level. For instance when I set my failsafe to "hover" i'm intentionally doing so because I know i'm flying under thick tree cover and don't want to crash if trying to RTH.

Exactly, I've changed RTH to hover because I knew what obstacle type was around the avata, and definitely, RTH was a bad idea.
2023-1-14
Use props
MeFi_u
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 07:51
Hi, MeFi_u. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Avata  has downward vision systems. When flying above the trees, and if the Low  Battery RTH prompt appear and you cancel it, the drone will automatically brake and hover in place in Normal/Sport mode when the downward vision systems are enabled. When the Intelligent Flight Battery level is too low and there is not enough power to return home, it is highly recommended to land the aircraft as soon as possible. Please note that the aircraft will calculate the battery level required for the aircraft to return to the Home Point based on the current position (altitude/distance to Home Point/RTH altitude) in real-time. The aircraft's Low Battery RTH is a safe and effective flight method. Once canceled, it may trigger flight accident risks. To avoid accidents, it is recommended to return the aircraft to the Home Point manually in a timely manner after the first cancellation of RTH. Thank you for your support.

I should test every combination of failsafe and see what could happen after a low-level battery warning. But,  in my opinion, if anybody sets failsafe as hover it's really wrong that the software can enable RTH.  This situation is not a problem if I have a connection to the avata, as 'The Saint' mentioned, for some reason if I lost connection and the avata is hovering (fail save was activated). For me, landing is a better option for the first and second low-level battery warning if fail safe is set to hover.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dicranurus Posted at 1-12 12:49
Perfect, this will help.
Thanks

Hi, Dicranurus. You're welcome. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules