GPS Coordinates
654 12 2023-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AuxFly821
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62602 ft

Germany

First of all: Hi, my Name is Dirk. Iam a newby here and need your help please.
Unfortunately i lost the controll over my FPV because of a weak video connection

and she go directly into a small forrest... Is it somehow possible to get the last

Coordinates before the accu droped out and it go down?
Any help is highly appreciated... :-)

Thanks,

Dirk

2023-1-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

There may be a log file somewhere on your RC / your phone / your DJI google.  I don't know how the FPV model is made.
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dirk. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the incident. By any chance, have you tried using the Find My Drone feature? Are you using DJI FPV Goggles V2? The DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Fly app have the Find My Drone feature. In the DJI Fly app, coordinates will not be displayed but the aircraft position on the map will be displayed.  In the DJI FPV Goggles V2, coordinates will not be displayed as well but you can find the aircraft position through the cache in the internal storage of the goggles. When using this feature, do not insert a microSD card in the goggles.

Path for Find My Drone in DJI FPV
(1) DJI FPV Goggles V2: Setting - Safety - Find My Drone.
(2) DJI Fly app: Launch the DJI Fly app - Profile - Find My Drone.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-7
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

double post…
2023-1-8
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-7 14:05
There may be a log file somewhere on your RC / your phone / your DJI google.  I don't know how the FPV model is made.

thanks mate, you are right. But the logfiles doesnt help because we cant open it…
2023-1-8
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-7 20:41
Hi, Dirk. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the incident. By any chance, have you tried using the Find My Drone feature? Are you using DJI FPV Goggles V2? The DJI FPV Goggles V2 and the DJI Fly app have the Find My Drone feature. In the DJI Fly app, coordinates will not be displayed but the aircraft position on the map will be displayed.  In the DJI FPV Goggles V2, coordinates will not be displayed as well but you can find the aircraft position through the cache in the internal storage of the goggles. When using this feature, do not insert a microSD card in the goggles.

Path for Find My Drone in DJI FPV

Hi Gamora, i tried this feature but unfortunately it show only the location from the last day.
is there a way to get the coordinates out of the blackbox data from goggles v2?
Thanks for your quick response.

BG, Dirk

Edit:  In my V2 i dont have a „find my drone“ in the safetymenu. the only option i can
do is „Cameraview before loss“ but this wont help because the trees look very similar…
2023-1-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AuxFly821 Posted at 1-8 01:28
thanks mate, you are right. But the logfiles doesnt help because we cant open it…

Have you tried with phantomHelp, airdata.... ?
2023-1-8
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-8 01:36
Have you tried with phantomHelp, airdata.... ?

Yep, i tried but suddenly its also recorded only the flight before the crash. I dont understand that because there was no warning in the goggles or something like that. It seems that my ipad lost the connection to the goggles and then… no data…
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AuxFly821 Posted at 1-8 01:34
Hi Gamora, i tried this feature but unfortunately it show only the location from the last day.
is there a way to get the coordinates out of the blackbox data from goggles v2?
Thanks for your quick response.

Hi, Dirk. Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, there are no coordinates in the DJI FPV Goggles V2. If you can't see Find Mu Drone in the goggles settings, please connect your goggles to your phone, after connecting the Goggles V2 to the DJI Fly app, enter "Find my drone" to check the flyaway position of the drone, which acts functionally the same as for other aircraft.
2023-1-11
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

AuxFly821 Posted at 1-8 01:55
Yep, i tried but suddenly its also recorded only the flight before the crash. I dont understand that because there was no warning in the goggles or something like that. It seems that my ipad lost the connection to the goggles and then… no data…

You could try retrieving the .DAT or .txt log file from the goggles. Here is a link that describes the process.
https://fpvdronepilots.com/threads/dat-available.4225/#post-35016
Then provide the retrieved .DAT or ,txt log file via a public sharing site like Dropbox or GoogleDrive
2023-1-11
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

Hey everyone,

thanks for your help. I got the drone located.
Because of its in 16m height, i have to wait 3 weeks till we can cut down the tree.

A positive side is that i have a 2 FPV Drone now…
2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AuxFly821 Posted at 1-26 09:25
Hey everyone,

thanks for your help. I got the drone located.

Good news. Is it still working ? I believe the battery is dead.
2023-1-26
Use props
AuxFly821
lvl.1

Germany

I can't say that 100% yet.

The battery is still in the drone.
But when I hit the tree, the lights went out... I'll find out in 3 weeks...
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules