Оffline maps. What's the problem with making a normal implementat.
1456 10 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drauzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1728602 ft
Russia

In the new firmware we saw:  - Added support for importing and exporting MapTiler offline maps.

But it turned out that everything is not so simple.

Yes, now you can load a large area. But these are all the same circuit maps. The community has long been asking for the possibility of loading satellite maps or their own maps that we can create in Software products ( Pix4D, DJI Terra... ), save them in TIF format with references or download via open street map.

What we got as a result is an enlarged area and the ability to save our maps in some kind of incomprehensible (***.MP) format.
How can I create compatible maps with DJI Pilo 2 on Windows?

This format cannot be edited, we can simply transfer these cards to another remote control.
No satellite maps! You can't upload your own cards!

2023-1-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Pilot 2 is a lightweight app.  Managing a TIFF requires resources.  UGCS is a good alternative.
2023-1-8
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

In search of information on how to edit the uploaded maps, I decided to open them with NotePAD ++.

I came up with the following:

In the first line of SQLite format 3.

Can someone tell me how to create a similar format and import it into DJI Pilot 2?
2023-1-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Drauzer Posted at 1-8 02:19
In search of information on how to edit the uploaded maps, I decided to open them with NotePAD ++.

I came up with the following:

.mp are maps in tile format.  There must be associated jpgs.  Maybe with GlobalMapper it is possible to generate some, if DJI has not added a quirk in the file.
2023-1-8
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-8 02:16
Pilot 2 is a lightweight app.  Managing a TIFF requires resources.  UGCS is a good alternative.

ugcs is a good program, but there will be difficulties in the first place, the mission can only be created on a computer.

To create missions, you need to purchase separate software.

And here's the cherry on the cake.
**New profiles for DJI M3E, M3T, and their cameras are available for route planning in UgCS. These drones are supported via a new feature of route export from UgCS to DJI Pilot 2 (KMZ/WPML format).

Note: It is currently not yet possible to connect M3E/M3T drones directly to UgCS via UgCS for DJI. This feature is in development.
2023-1-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Drauzer Posted at 1-8 02:53
ugcs is a good program, but there will be difficulties in the first place, the mission can only be created on a computer.

To create missions, you need to purchase separate software.

There is no need to buy another software to create missions, it is included in the client software on PC.
You can prepare your flight plans with TIFF rasters that you have made.  then you export them to Pilot2.  It's quite simple.
2023-1-8
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-8 03:17
There is no need to buy another software to create missions, it is included in the client software on PC.
You can prepare your flight plans with TIFF rasters that you have made.  then you export them to Pilot2.  It's quite simple.

I am aware that you can upload KML, KMZ File after uploading it to "Pilot 2"

I'm talking obsalyutno about something else. I'm talking about cards and not how to use third-party software.
Why is it not possible to download satellite maps in advance for a region of 100 by 100 km. And work with them already in place?
Do not use an additional laptop and third-party software.

Since if I also take a laptop, then in UGCS you can save areas and in different map options. And you can use your cards, this is also known to me.
2023-1-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Drauzer Posted at 1-8 11:53
I am aware that you can upload KML, KMZ File after uploading it to "Pilot 2"

I'm talking obsalyutno about something else. I'm talking about cards and not how to use third-party software.

Ah yes I see what you mean.
For the moment we can only download offline openstreet maps in Pilot2, maybe the sat views will come later.
2023-1-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Why is it not possible to...?"

Ah, if I had a dime for every time these words or something like them had been posted in these forums, I'd be rich!!!
2023-1-8
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Russia

patiam Posted at 1-8 21:23
"Why is it not possible to...?"

Ah, if I had a dime for every time these words or something like them had been posted in these forums, I'd be rich!!!

Importing maps in the update will sound, but in fact the update is a dummy!
2023-1-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Drauzer Posted at 1-9 12:21
Importing maps in the update will sound, but in fact the update is a dummy!

какой переводчик вы используете?
2023-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules