Controller dead after failed firmware upgrade
3007 18 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fMX3hPb8spGH
New
Flight distance : 495594 ft

United Kingdom

I have just updated my dji fly app and drone firmware. In the process, it also attempted a firmware update for the RC231. This failed but now the controller appears to be dead. No lights, can't turn it on, no LEDs light up when connected to the charger. How to do fix this?
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, djiuser_fMX3hPb8spGH. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try the following steps below to isolate the issue:
1. Please press the Power Button for one second, then again, hold it to power the remote controller on.
2. Please press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs are light on. If not, please charge the remote controller, then try it again. If the remote controller cannot be charged, please replace the charger if possible. If it still can not work, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).
3. If the battery level LEDs are light on, please try to connect the charger, then power on the remote controller to see if it is normal, if not, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).

Repair details:
You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-8
Use props
ACT97
New
Flight distance : 25394 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm also having the same issue and doesn't look to be any at home fixes of yet for it.
2023-3-28
Use props
Chyna
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-8 20:30
Hello, djiuser_fMX3hPb8spGH. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please try the following steps below to isolate the issue:
1. Please press the Power Button for one second, then again, hold it to power the remote controller on.
2. Please press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs are light on. If not, please charge the remote controller, then try it again. If the remote controller cannot be charged, please replace the charger if possible. If it still can not work, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).

Charge the controller , are you that  stupid????
He tells you it won't charge you monkey
2023-12-4
Use props
djiuser_bAnRXxleK2Pl
New

United States

I am also having the same issue. My controller was fully charged as well as my mini 2. I was downloading and installing the update when the controller went dead halfway through the install. The controller will not power on at all, nor will it charge.
Videos online suggest that the motherboard controller or something along those lines just fried. This seems extremely odd for an update to fry a motherboard...yet it just happened.
Very frustrating.
1-5 12:48
Use props
Alessia and Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52 ft
Hong Kong

Same here, my RC got fried after the update.
1-15 07:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alessia and Lee Posted at 1-15 07:05
Same here, my RC got fried after the update.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply if you experience issues on your unit. Please confirm what specific remote controller are you referring to. Kindly provide us more details about the issue and we will do our best to help you on this. We will wait for your response.
1-15 23:32
Use props
djiuser_Xcbg106g1sdH
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here.. updated today, and it's bricked the controller
2-18 13:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Xcbg106g1sdH Posted at 2-18 13:14
Same here.. updated today, and it's bricked the controller

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. Please follow our recommendations via this link. Rest assured that your case will be handled accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
2-21 00:15
Use props
djiuser_vKcyz4BjL7Lp
New

United Kingdom

Hi - is there any update or fix for this as my controller has just done the same
3-26 06:43
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_vKcyz4BjL7Lp Posted at 3-26 06:43
Hi - is there any update or fix for this as my controller has just done the same

Hi there. We're deeply sorry if you are having issues with your unit. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. You may also upload a short video showing the issue via Google drive and send the link here so we can check it further. We appreciate your cooperation.
3-28 23:18
Use props
Graham 271
New
Flight distance : 6010 ft

United Kingdom

This has just happened to mine
4-23 01:27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Graham 271 Posted at 4-23 01:27
This has just happened to mine

Hi, Graham 271. Sorry about the trouble. Please try DJI Gamora's procedure above at reply 2#. Feel free to keep us posted. Thank you.
4-23 01:37
Use props
djiuser_vKcyz4BjL7Lp
New

United Kingdom

i had the same thing and i was told to send it back - now that they have had the controller for over a month they are asking for proof of purchase (3 years ago) which they know you wont have and so they say they cannot do anything about it --- buyer beware such rubbish service
4-25 09:02
Use props
djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102454 ft
United Kingdom

Same here having the same issue, contacted DJI and was taken through some basic troubleshooting to be told send it for the controller to be assessed so they then can tell me how much it would cost me to fix the controller. This was all after that same stupid firmware update that did nothing but destroy the controller! Before update controller was working fine died and wont charge after update.
4-25 15:31
Use props
djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-1-8 20:30
1. Please press the Power Button for one second, then again, hold it to power the remote controller on.
2. Please press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs are light on. If not, please charge the remote controller, then try it again. If the remote controller cannot be charged, please replace the charger if possible. If it still can not work, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).

The controller is ruined after the update device has been rendered totally useless.
4-25 15:33
Use props
djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-1-8 20:30
1. Please press the Power Button for one second, then again, hold it to power the remote controller on.
2. Please press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs are light on. If not, please charge the remote controller, then try it again. If the remote controller cannot be charged, please replace the charger if possible. If it still can not work, please send back the remote controller. (Please see below for more details).

Spent a good amount of time going back and forth with DJI support team who promised to sort out free postage though had no idea how much the potential fix would be. The price of repair could be anything on top of the cost of purchasing the item.

Sounds like an automated script now as this firmware update is total garbage destroying the controllers and now the customer again has to pay for the fix. Along with the break in production as well some of us have working projects and now have to deal with this.
4-25 15:38
Use props
djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-28 23:18
Hi there. We're deeply sorry if you are having issues with your unit. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. You may also upload a short video showing the issue via Google drive and send the link here so we can check it further. We appreciate your cooperation.

Did this rubbish thats just some pretend script you guys put together pretending to offer some useless advice to an issue the firmware update created. Did that to be then told "send it in for repair" I ask how much DJI say we don't know!
4-25 15:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu Posted at 4-25 15:33
The controller is ruined after the update device has been rendered totally useless.

Hi, djiuser_NQXbgIEHIetu. We're sorry if you're experiencing the same issue. Please follow the steps above, and if the issue persists, please submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support).
yesterday 07:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules