Update frozen at 57% - DJI assistant 2 for Mavic
2367 13 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shashi2k6
lvl.2

Canada

Hi Team,
Due to the issue in the traling email form the email thread , I do install the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic, but the Update is not making any progress beyond the 57%,
I am not able to downgrade, As I don't see any version on the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic,

Can you please guide me .

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282934

Thanks
2023-1-8
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hello my friends

Is there any news about the defective Mavic Air 2 firmware v01.01.1200?

Has anyone heard of DJI?
As I said a few posts ago, DJI lets us starve to death ............................ Cheeky.

There are now several dead MA2 drones again.
We must warn all Mavic Air 2 users to update their drones with destructive firmware v01.01.1200!
2023-1-8
Use props
shashi2k6
lvl.2

Canada

Hi Team,
I hope there way to downgrade the firmware,,, I tried the install the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic, but I don't find any option
How fo restore my factory setting, so that I can fly my drone.

Thanks
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to the thread you posted here https://forum.dji.com/thread-282943-1-1.html . Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you.
2023-1-8
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hey DJI

If this is a joke,…………… not funny.  

For several hours I've been trying all variants with mobile phones, tablets, Android, IOS and PCs with Assistant 2 to update the Mavic Air 2 back to working condition!

But the junk can neither be updated to v01.01.0920 nor v01.01.1300! It still has exactly the same errors as firmware v01.01.1200!

What has DJI been working on for two weeks???
.......picked in your Nose???
…….you simply wrote v01.01.1300 on the faulty firmware v01.01.1200?  

Bye….
2023-1-13
Use props
fansbac7dbd3
lvl.2

Canada

dddji Posted at 1-13 11:48
Hey DJI

If this is a joke,…………… not funny.  

Hi ,
So is the firmware version v01.01.1300 working ?  can we upgrade to Mavic Air2? would you please confirm ?

As I tried to upgrade a week back. I ended with below issues  :

the APP breaks off at 87%, with Assistant 2 breaking off at 99%

Thanks
2023-1-14
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hi fansbac7dbd3,
No way........
Nothing works there, not even with v01.01.1300, and downgrading to v01.01.0920 doesn't do it either.
You can forget the DJI programmers, they didn't test anything, only wrote v01.01.1300 on the defective firmware.
......... and then I still miss such smartass like "Fran-Air 2".
with their chatter, stupid advice and........"my drone is working again"
Are we interested in whether his toy works again....???
noob..........
So sorry fansbac7dbd3, unfortunately no success and you are not alone....
2023-1-14
Use props
fansbac7dbd3
lvl.2

Canada

dddji Posted at 1-14 07:59
Hi fansbac7dbd3,
No way........
Nothing works there, not even with v01.01.1300, and downgrading to v01.01.0920 doesn't do it either.

Thanks for your reply,

I hope DJI engineers should always think through the backout/rollback strategy back in case of a firmware issue in the future....this is really annoying.
What made me surprised is .. DJI one of the leading drone sellers is lacking in firmware testing.
Even before the firmware is released, it should undergo all testing .. not sure this is happening .. What a mess.

I hope DJI should allow downgrading to V01.00.0250, via DJI assistance.. waiting for it...
currently, I don't see the version in the DJI assistance..  drop-down list, team should bring it back as soon as, as a lot of individuals were affected due to a firmware upgrade.

Someone takes this engineer as soon as on this? .  Hoping the issue will be resolved asap.
2023-1-14
Use props
fansbac7dbd3
lvl.2

Canada

dddji Posted at 1-14 07:59
Hi fansbac7dbd3,
No way........

Hi dddji,
I got hold DJI assistance support team, who help to upgrade the firmware v01.01.1300 after step by step.. guidance .. successfully upgrade the firmware.. In chat the DJI assistance team for approx 1 hr

I am using Winodws 8, DJI assistance team share a upgrade_tool.exe  executed it connecting to aircraft

Aircraft got restarted and  finally is showed 100%

after restart I tried to connect from contorller.. it is succesful

Thanks

2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_yRPH1dR6dxRp
New
United States

After many hours, I finally got my Air 2 firmware updated to v01.01.1300.  
One thing I did notice that at 57% it tests the propeller motors.  Mine was a new Air 2 so I did not have the propeller installed yet.  After installing them, it worked.  Not sure if that was a coincidence but all is works fine now.  

Good luck!
2023-1-14
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Good morning
I deleted Assistant 2 and reinstalled it again.
You can forget.......
Download hangs at 99%.
Cancellation message after approx. 5-10 minutes.

Have a nice Sunday
2023-1-15
Use props
fansbac7dbd3
lvl.2

Canada

dddji Posted at 1-15 00:24
Good morning
I deleted Assistant 2 and reinstalled it again.
You can forget.......

Hi team

Hi DDDji,
Would you please reach out to the DJI assistance team,

DJI assistance team share a upgrade_tool.exe  executed it connecting to the aircraft.
I am using windows version..8
https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/gYcG6YXY2YSwMBE
pass : dji123

Thanks
2023-1-15
Use props
dddji
lvl.2

Germany

Hello friends,
We managed to update the Mavic Air 2 with firmware v01.01.1300.
Yeeeeees......
We can't say which thing was the decisive point, but it worked in the end.
I am happy to tell you what we have done:
……..oh yes, and thank you very much Natalia. Guess any tip helped.
1. As Natalia said, I think we unplugged the battery 8-9 times while the drone was running and plugged it back in after about 20-30 seconds with the LEDs on.
2. Then we cached the .EXE in TEMP via the link from Natalia the Update Tool. - https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/WMWTK94NEpgKQJH
3. Because Link started as you described, let the EXE run until it disappears by itself and then start Assistant 2.
4. Now start the drone and after about 1 minute connect it to the PC with the USB.
5. Then the drone selected, then the firmware v01.01.1300 started.
6. It starts downloading………..
7. ....and now it was getting exciting, we checked the drone after about 15-20 minutes, and now all LEDs were red and two on the battery were green, the assistant now showed transmission, the drone kept blinking different colors again, turned off and on again, and after about 30 minutes the update was complete. YUHUUUU……….
8. Then we tried what happens when we go to the APP with the remote control. So the app started, just booted up without the remote control, then deleted the memory in the info and deactivated the automatic updates for the time being.
9. Now we have started up the transmitter and, after about 1 minute, connected it to the mobile phone with the USB cable.
10. Now turn on the drone with the battery plugged in when updating.
11. Now the display showed "Firmware available for transmitter" and it worked perfectly here.
12. Everything is still connected and freshly updated. Now turn off the drone and plug in the next battery. Don't be alarmed, after about 30 seconds it says update firmware again, but that's only for the battery. Then you can also update the next battery in the same way.

Guys that was a tough operation......
I hope that I could really help you now and finally all MA2's can fly again.

Wish you all a nice evening.

Many greetings
DD

Ps……….. thanks again Natalia
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dddji Posted at 1-15 08:12
Hello friends,
We managed to update the Mavic Air 2 with firmware v01.01.1300.
Yeeeeees......

Hi there. Sorry for the late reply. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience before on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and shared with us the steps that you take to fix it. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries and please don't forget to hit the "reply" button for us to be notified whenever you respond. Thank you for your continued support!
2023-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules