Time Lapse Intervals
1969 17 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Incompetant here. Cant find Pocket 2 specs with time lapse intervals listed.

Have the Pocket 1 of course, but have moved my TL work to the Action 2 for its 2 fps, 1 fps intervals and assume that this upgrade would be in the Pocket 2.  The Pocket 1 best (for my purposes) was 1 frame per two seconds.
The 2 fps of the Action 2 is an improvement much appreciated, along with the slomo 8x which I know is now with the Pocket 2 and that alone makes me thinking the Pocket 2 upgrade could be likely for me. However a Pocket 3 might be a wider FOV than the improved FOV on the Pocket 2 over the Pocket 1 - so if that's around 100 degrees then very useful along with the rest of my wish list.

To note I usually do T/L about 8 to 15 fps. This allows post work to speed it up if necessary. And on occasion shoot at 25 fps and speed it up from there. For my gear speeding screen speeds up is lossless where as slowing down is not quite as smooth at times. So even 4 fps is more useful to me than the 2 fps of the Action 2 but with other considerations, yes, I have hopes for Pocket 3.

TIA

2023-1-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually (P2) shoot 3 to 5 second intervals.
And I ONLY use the DNG files, so I can decide the framerate that I want later on in the edit.
I really like the motion timelapse. No other camera I own can give me that.
2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also anxiously awaiting release of the Pocket 3 and what specs it will offer.
2023-1-9
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 00:20
I usually (P2) shoot 3 to 5 second intervals.
And I ONLY use the DNG files, so I can decide the framerate that I want later on in the edit.
I really like the motion timelapse. No other camera I own can give me that.

Motion timelapse indeed. I dont use the Pocket for much other than static 5 hour takes so it's easy for me to overlook the single most winning feature of the Pocket - the gimbal head. It beats the Mavic as a steady cam for scenes with people close by or other eye-level efforts where flying is not appreciated. But the Pocket, so easy. My grandson's favourite camera too but only because I'm fearful of getting him up to speed with the Mavic.

A take yesterday using the Action 2 at the 2 fps intervals (0.5 seconds per) but even though the subject was not moving that fast it was a little closer than usual and the motion on screen had to deal with greater than desired angles of view between frames (after other post work). Hence my wish for 4 fps. Or just turn back to the cam that can handle 8 fps but that camera doesnt have auto exposure when doing time-lapse - cant win!

2023-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Neico Posted at 1-9 09:13
Motion timelapse indeed. I dont use the Pocket for much other than static 5 hour takes so it's easy for me to overlook the single most winning feature of the Pocket - the gimbal head. It beats the Mavic as a steady cam for scenes with people close by or other eye-level efforts where flying is not appreciated. But the Pocket, so easy. My grandson's favourite camera too but only because I'm fearful of getting him up to speed with the Mavic.

A take yesterday using the Action 2 at the 2 fps intervals (0.5 seconds per) but even though the subject was not moving that fast it was a little closer than usual and the motion on screen had to deal with greater than desired angles of view between frames (after other post work). Hence my wish for 4 fps. Or just turn back to the cam that can handle 8 fps but that camera doesnt have auto exposure when doing time-lapse - cant win!

How do you make it run for 5 hours?
I tried connecting a powerbank to my Pocket 2, but that did not go as planned. It sometimes charged, sometimes did not.
I looked around here and found some DJI admins stating that it was not advised to use the P2 while using a powerbank because it would damage the battery.
2023-1-9
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 1-9 12:10
How do you make it run for 5 hours?
I tried connecting a powerbank to my Pocket 2, but that did not go as planned. It sometimes charged, sometimes did not.
I looked around here and found some DJI admins stating that it was not advised to use the P2 while using a powerbank because it would damage the battery.

Mains 240v wall outllet to USB charging voltages to the USB C port on the camera in a static position even if I use its pan mode. The views are time lapse clouds out my window. This is not the underwater project as such.

5 Hours is the max available in my Pocket 1 at 1 frame every two seconds - I need the whole 5 hours at that frame rate because the subject is to be the background to green screen foreground work and these are longish takes.

My maths is probably out but here goes - 5 hours is 300 minutes is 18000 seconds cuts back to 9000 frames in the camera (1 frame per 2 seconds). Screen projection rate 30 fps makes 300 seconds which is 5 minutes. The camera breaks the whole task down to 3.6 or so gigs to dodge the FAT limit - they join up in post.  Most of my live narrator based green screen work is well over 9 minutes or so per take. I have to repeat Pocket 1 takes to make the required background duration - just clouds so usually seamless.

Something like that anyway.

2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Neico. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that we have yet to receive any information regarding the release of the said product. About your feedback on the product function, we will have it recorded and forwarded to our developers. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website (www.dji.com), as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI. Have a nice day!
2023-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Neico Posted at 1-9 13:17
Mains 240v wall outllet to USB charging voltages to the USB C port on the camera in a static position even if I use its pan mode. The views are time lapse clouds out my window. This is not the underwater project as such.

5 Hours is the max available in my Pocket 1 at 1 frame every two seconds - I need the whole 5 hours at that frame rate because the subject is to be the background to green screen foreground work and these are longish takes.

Ok, so you do use it while plugged.
I'm not sure about the P1, but DJI states it is not good for the battery to do this and I have tried with a powerbank, that did not work unfortunately (with the P2).
So I'm stuck at 2h max.
Not sure how 220 outlet will do btw.
2023-1-10
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 1-10 00:07
Ok, so you do use it while plugged.
I'm not sure about the P1, but DJI states it is not good for the battery to do this and I have tried with a powerbank, that did not work unfortunately (with the P2).
So I'm stuck at 2h max.

I use mains through charging ports to give continuance on all active cameras based in the studio. never a problem. Sony AX 700, DJI Pocket 1, DJI Action 2.  But certainly would take on board anything DJI recommended.
My rule of thumb, born out of the few Manuals I've looked into, is that if it is a charging power supply then it can be a driving power supply with the frequent note that if the power is being used in driving then it is not charging. However that could be old data, the new data is simply live tests - everything still works well on my assumptions.

2023-1-10
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 1-9 23:50
Hi, Neico. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that we have yet to receive any information regarding the release of the said product. About your feedback on the product function, we will have it recorded and forwarded to our developers. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website (www.dji.com), as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI. Have a nice day!

Hi Tony, thanks for the words there.

My question remains however - in no publication concerning the Pocket 2 is there Time/Lapse interval data.

Compare with the Action 2 which notes:
Intervals: 0.5/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/10/13/15/20/25/30/40 seconds.

My assumption is that these are also the intervals in the Pocket 2.
I appreciate that the specifics of 0.5 and 1 might not be unique selling points to many, even so I suggest that the T/L specs may have been overlooked in Manuals and Spec comparisons, etc.

Perhaps someone who has the camera could reply here.

2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Neico Posted at 1-10 19:20
Hi Tony, thanks for the words there.

My question remains however - in no publication concerning the Pocket 2 is there Time/Lapse interval data.

You are welcome. The Timelapse interval of the DJI Pocket 2 is 0.5/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/13/15/20/25/30/40/60s. We hope this clarifies your concern. Have a nice day!
2023-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Neico Posted at 1-10 10:40
I use mains through charging ports to give continuance on all active cameras based in the studio. never a problem. Sony AX 700, DJI Pocket 1, DJI Action 2.  But certainly would take on board anything DJI recommended.
My rule of thumb, born out of the few Manuals I've looked into, is that if it is a charging power supply then it can be a driving power supply with the frequent note that if the power is being used in driving then it is not charging. However that could be old data, the new data is simply live tests - everything still works well on my assumptions.

With P2 I had bad results when using a powerbank (unfortunately).
Could be my powerbank, but DJI states it will damage the battery.
Maybe because it tries to charge AND use power for operating at the same time (and they have not programmed the P2 to work in 'OR', like use power for charging, or use it for operating).
But that is a wild guess.
My other cameras have no issues with this for sure.

I never tried a main outlet, since I only make timelapses out in the open.
(so I would like a solution for that, not for when I'm close to an outlet)
2023-1-11
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Tony Posted at 1-11 01:26
You are welcome. The Timelapse interval of the DJI Pocket 2 is 0.5/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/13/15/20/25/30/40/60s. We hope this clarifies your concern. Have a nice day!

Many thanks Tony.
2023-1-11
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 02:11
With P2 I had bad results when using a powerbank (unfortunately).
Could be my powerbank, but DJI states it will damage the battery.
Maybe because it tries to charge AND use power for operating at the same time (and they have not programmed the P2 to work in 'OR', like use power for charging, or use it for operating).

I can understand the potential for the power outputs from the many and varied power supply units to be dodgy. I think I would be getting up to speed with a multi-meter or go see an electrical engineer to determine exactly what the output is from a working source and then match and test from portable units, etc - but its way out of my league, sorry I cant help on that.

2023-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Neico Posted at 1-11 02:28
I can understand the potential for the power outputs from the many and varied power supply units to be dodgy. I think I would be getting up to speed with a multi-meter or go see an electrical engineer to determine exactly what the output is from a working source and then match and test from portable units, etc - but its way out of my league, sorry I cant help on that.

Yeah, the problem is that my battery got quite a bit worse (P2) after I made something like 10 timelapses with the powerbank. So I'm not gonna risk any more, since I can't replace it.
2023-1-11
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 1-11 02:32
Yeah, the problem is that my battery got quite a bit worse (P2) after I made something like 10 timelapses with the powerbank. So I'm not gonna risk any more, since I can't replace it.

Wise. But fully agree - time-lapse is often required over many hours, even days so yes, pity there doesnt seem to be a solution for portable situations.

2023-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Neico Posted at 1-11 03:01
Wise. But fully agree - time-lapse is often required over many hours, even days so yes, pity there doesnt seem to be a solution for portable situations.

I have some hope for a P3 eventually. But I will also dive more into the matter.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Neico Posted at 1-11 02:20
Many thanks Tony.

We're glad to be of help. Happy filming!
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules