Osmo Mobile SE - Nothing Phone 1 - After 2 Weeks Review!
4174 10 2023-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

Hi Everyone! I know that Nothing Phone 1 is not in the official DJI Osmo Mobile compatibility list. I'm thinking of buying an OM to use with my Nothing.
Anyone using this Smartphone with Osmo Mobile right now? Any issues?
Thank you!

EDIT 10-01-2023: I decided to buy anyway an Osmo Mobile SE from Amazon. If it doesn't work well i can always send it back. I'll post my experience here just in case everyone needs info about the Nothing Phone 1 - Osmo Mobile compatibility.

EDIT 25-01-2023: My Review after 2 Weeks
Hi everyone! After two weeks using a Osmo Mobile SE with my Nothing Phone 1 here are my impressions.
I took the OM SE with me last weekend on a Mountain Snow Hike and i tried to do some night shots and timelapses.
- Compatibility
I didn't notice any major compatibility issues.
The OM SE works perfectly with my Nothing (Android 12) and the MIMO app connects very fast to the Bluetooth (5.0 required).
There are anyway two limitations:
1) You Can't switch to the Panoramic Camera from inside MIMO App, and you have to use the native camera app for Panoramic Shots. Not a big issue, because you can create panoramic shots with the panoramic Gimbal mode.
2) You can only shot in 1080 p or 4k, only at 30 fps.
Asides of this "minor" issues, i have to say that i'm Happy with my Nothing Phone 1 - Osmo Mobile SE configuration. I encountered some limits on photos during night time, but they are related to the Sensor of the camera (it's a Midrange Camera!).The stabilization appeared perfect in all conditions.
Even during a dawn timelapse at -8C° the gimbals continued to work without issues but unfortunately the Phone died on freezing temperatures!
EDIT: 23-02-2023: After Android 13 Upgrade, now you can switch between Nothing Phone 1 Main and Wide-Angle camera from MIMO App!   

I attach to this post some shots that i made durin my last Hike.
Hope you can find this short review useful!

Night shot of Presolana Mount (Italian Alps)

Night shot of Presolana Mount (Italian Alps)

DJI_20230122_091017_253_pano.jpg

DJI_20230122_090701_251_pano.jpg

DJI_20230122_090701_251_pano.jpg
DJI_20230122_091017_253_pano.jpg
IMG_20230121_191538463~2.jpg
2023-1-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, alfiosky. Thank you for reaching out. The  Nothing Phone 1 has not been tested by our engineers yet as of this posting. When used with DJI Mimo, unknown issues may occur. Nonetheless, as your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight might meet the gimbal’s hardware requirements, you can connect your mobile phone to the gimbal's Bluetooth, and then use the mobile phone camera, or a third-party camera app for gimbal stabilization when recording. Thank you for your understanding. Hopefully, other Osmo Mobile users can share their experience with the Nothing Phone 1.
2023-1-9
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 23:20
Hi, alfiosky. Thank you for reaching out. The  Nothing Phone 1 has not been tested by our engineers yet as of this posting. When used with DJI Mimo, unknown issues may occur. Nonetheless, as your mobile phone’s dimensions and weight might meet the gimbal’s hardware requirements, you can connect your mobile phone to the gimbal's Bluetooth, and then use the mobile phone camera, or a third-party camera app for gimbal stabilization when recording. Thank you for your understanding. Hopefully, other Osmo Mobile users can share their experience with the Nothing Phone 1.

Thank you Gamora. I decided to buy an Osmo Mobile SE from Amazon. If it doesn't work well i can always send it back. Anyway, i'll post my experience here just in case everyone needs info about the Nothing Phone 1 - Osmo Mobile compatibility.
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alfiosky Posted at 1-9 23:29
Thank you Gamora. I decided to buy an Osmo Mobile SE from Amazon. If it doesn't work well i can always send it back. Anyway, i'll post my experience here just in case everyone needs info about the Nothing Phone 1 - Osmo Mobile compatibility.

Hi, alfiosky. You're welcome. We'll be more than happy to read your feedback. Keep us posted once you received and tried it. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-11
Use props
Golfonauta
lvl.1

Spain

Just take care the DJI mimo app is not in google play, and they force you to sideload the app, making your phone more insecure
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alfiosky Posted at 1-9 23:29

By the way, this is the direct link for DJI Mimo App: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo). Please refrain from downloading any DJI app from the Google Play store or any website. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-17
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-17 04:53
By the way, this is the direct link for DJI Mimo App: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo). Please refrain from downloading any DJI app from the Google Play store or any website. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thank you Gamora! I'm testing right now my Osmo Mobile SE with my Nothing Phone 1 and everything seems fine. I'll post a review next week after taking it with me on a Mountain Hike next weekend.
I registered my Osmo to my account, but i can't see the Osmo under my devices of my Forum Account. I see only my Mini 3 Pro. How can i address this issue?
Thank you.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alfiosky Posted at 1-17 06:01
Thank you Gamora! I'm testing right now my Osmo Mobile SE with my Nothing Phone 1 and everything seems fine. I'll post a review next week after taking it with me on a Mountain Hike next weekend.
I registered my Osmo to my account, but i can't see the Osmo under my devices of my Forum Account. I see only my Mini 3 Pro. How can i address this issue?
Thank you.

Hi, alfiosky. You're welcome and thank you for the update. Good to hear that it's been smooth as of now. Please PM me your DJI Account and the Serial number of your Osmo device for further checking. Thank you and safe travels!
2023-1-18
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

Hi everyone! After two weeks using a Osmo Mobile SE with my Nothing Phone 1 here are my impressions.
I took the OM SE with me last weekend on a Mountain Snow Hike and i tried to do some night shots and timelapses.
- Compatibility
I didn't notice any major compatibility issues.
The OM SE works perfectly with my Nothing (Android 12) and the MIMO app connects very fast to the Bluetooth (5.0 required).
There are anyway two limitations:
1) You Can't switch to the Panoramic Camera from inside MIMO App, and you have to use the native camera app for Panoramic Shots. Not a big issue, because you can create panoramic shots with the panoramic Gimbal mode.
2) You can only shot in 1080 p or 4k, only at 30 fps.
Asides of this "minor" issues, i have to say that i'm Happy with my Nothing Phone 1 - Osmo Mobile SE configuration. I encountered some limits on photos during night time, but they are related to the Sensor of the camera (it's a Midrange Camera!).
The stabilization appeared perfect in all conditions. Even during a dawn timelapse at -8C° the gimbals continued to work without issues but unfortunately the Phone died on freezing temperatures!
I attach to this post some shots that i made durin my last Hike.
Hope you can find this short review useful!

2023-1-25
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Italy

EDIT: 23-02-2023: After Android 13 Upgrade, now you can switch between Nothing Phone 1 Main and Wide-Angle camera from MIMO App!   
2023-2-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

alfiosky Posted at 2-22 23:49

Hello alfiosky, We really appreciate you for letting us know about this one. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules