Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Evening everyone.
On the site the recommended SD Cards for the Mini 3 Pro include:

SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A2 microSDXC

SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB V30 A2 microSDXC

SanDisk Extreme Pro 400GB V30 A2 microSDXC
---

The Extreme Pro 128 GB and the Extreme Pro 512 GB aren't mentioned which are the ones I have.

Does this mean they could cause problems ?

Does anyone else use the 128GB or 512 GB cards ?

Regards

Michael

2023-1-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Extreme Pro 512 GB in the Mini 3 Pro and the Extreme Pro 128 GB in the RC screened.  Works fine with no issues at all.  Just remember to back up the 512 GB once in a while in case you lose it or it goes bad on you so you don't lose all that footage.  Personally, I download after each flight and then reformat the card in the drone so it is empty but ready for the next flight.  On the last Black Friday sale I picked up a 16 TB hard drive to use to archive footage.  
2023-1-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Michael. Thank you for reaching out. The microSD cards included in the recommended list are the exact ones tested by our engineers (including the size). SD card with UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above is required to be compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Though the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 GB and Sandisk Extreme Pro 512 GB are not included in the list, that doesn't mean you cannot use them. What's more important is it meets the criteria (UHS-I Speed Class 3 or above). Just note that we cannot guarantee 100% performance since the mentioned capacity has not been tested. Should you have other concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the 128gb and 256gb cards without any issues.
2023-1-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All my Sandisk cards are 128Gb and I have no problems.
2023-1-10
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Good morning everyone

Thank you for all your replies which have been most useful.

I always download the footage and photos directly from the card to my computer each time, much like Downtown does then wipe it once done ready for use.

Thank you again

Michael
2023-1-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Not sure about Mini 3, or other drones, but I have used a Samsung Evo 256GB card on my Pocket 2, and while it isn't on the list of officially recommended cards, it has worked for me without any problems so far.
2023-1-10
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-10 09:21
Not sure about Mini 3, or other drones, but I have used a Samsung Evo 256GB card on my Pocket 2, and while it isn't on the list of officially recommended cards, it has worked for me without any problems so far.

Thank you.
2023-1-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

You're welcome, and I'm sorry I couldn't say anything considering the drones themselves.
2023-1-10
Use props
JCapps
lvl.2

United States

When I got my Air 2S a couple of weeks ago, I ordered 2 extreme pro 128GB cards and they are trash. Both give me a warning on the controller that the memory is slow and the screen was jumping around. I tested them and the read speed on both is 15MB and write is 12MB on one and 11MB on the other. Needless to say they are both being returned. I'm hoping they are just flawed and this is not the ordinary.
2023-1-13
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JCapps Posted at 1-13 19:23
When I got my Air 2S a couple of weeks ago, I ordered 2 extreme pro 128GB cards and they are trash. Both give me a warning on the controller that the memory is slow and the screen was jumping around. I tested them and the read speed on both is 15MB and write is 12MB on one and 11MB on the other. Needless to say they are both being returned. I'm hoping they are just flawed and this is not the ordinary.

The Extreme cards should be okay, they say on the web site a 64Gb Card was tested with the Mini Pro 3 and I only got warnings when I loaded an Ultra Card by mistake.

I have used the 128Gb Extreme Card and it seems fine.
2023-1-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I'd recommend the Samsung Pro Plus card (blue in colour) with the USB Adapter.
They're quicker at transferring files to your computer, than the SanDisk Extreme card I used to use.
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-10 04:39
Good morning everyone

Thank you for all your replies which have been most useful.

We're glad to be of help. Happy flying!
2023-1-15
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Did a bit of flying yesterday, first decent day for over a week, and I had the SanDisk 500Gb in the Mini Pro 3 and the 128Gb in the controller.

Yes, even in very low light (Sun had just gone down) with an 8ND Filter I still got some pleasing results, so both appear to be fine.

Thanks again to all.

Michael
2023-1-16
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

Always go for the best because of 4K. I have a few Extreme and some Extreme Pro but recently talked to someone from a drone company and they do a lot of recording. They noticed that the "Extreme" version cards drop frames - something that you will only see when do the detailed editing. That's why from now I, I'd go only for the top - Extreme Pro.
2023-1-30
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Drone Buddy Posted at 1-30 04:55
Always go for the best because of 4K. I have a few Extreme and some Extreme Pro but recently talked to someone from a drone company and they do a lot of recording. They noticed that the "Extreme" version cards drop frames - something that you will only see when do the detailed editing. That's why from now I, I'd go only for the top - Extreme Pro.

I agree.

My neighbour had the same problem with his card, drop-out, only the odd frame but it's noticeable and can ruin a good shot.
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_2Bj9EHbquXAj
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi everyone,
I just ordered my Air 2S and already have Sandisk Extreme Pro 512. Do you think it will work?
Thanks in advance.
2023-5-16
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_2Bj9EHbquXAj Posted at 5-16 11:42
Hi everyone,
I just ordered my Air 2S and already have Sandisk Extreme Pro 512. Do you think it will work?
Thanks in advance.

Don't see why not, 512 is the maximum it will take and the Pro card gives you the speeds.

I've not had any problems with one in my Mini 3 Pro.

Cheers
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. For optimal performance, you may refer to this list of recommended models:

We hope this helps. Have a nice day!
2023-5-17
Use props
tilgel
lvl.1
Turkey

Blackbuckone Posted at 5-16 12:25
Don't see why not, 512 is the maximum it will take and the Pro card gives you the speeds.

I've not had any problems with one in my Mini 3 Pro.

Thanks for the reply @Blackbuckone!
I just asked this because the manual says air 2s supports up to 256 GB.
2023-5-19
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tilgel Posted at 5-19 03:13
Thanks for the reply @Blackbuckone!
I just asked this because the manual says air 2s supports up to 256 GB.

Hello Tilgel

I think this is going to be a case of you just trying it once you get the drone.

As DJI say they can't possibly check every single SD Card made, so maybe a 512 gb hasn't been tested on it. I used to use a 256 in my Mini SE and didn't get a 512 until I got my Mini 3 Pro, which isn't tested but works fine.

Good luck
2023-5-19
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Any luck with it ?
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_cU5AWZEBiB2r
New

Colombia

Dji mini 4 Pro es compatible con una SD EXTREME PRO 512 GB?
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_cU5AWZEBiB2r Posted at 10-28 14:30
Dji mini 4 Pro es compatible con una SD EXTREME PRO 512 GB?

Hello there. I hope you're doing well today. The said SD card is not on the recommended SD card list hence we can't guarantee that it will work properly. Here are the list of SD card that is proven compatible with the Mini 4 Pro:

recommended sd card for Mini 4 Pro.png
2023-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules