Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Updated my Mini2 and RC to the latest firmware; 01.06.0200 and 04.11.0200.
DJI never informs the customers exactly what they changed....it must be all for the better performance and flight safety.

My first flight ; had my Mini3 on a wooden lookalike plastic table with metal construction parts as legs on each side.
[ not my first flight from here, this time drone was more to one side than in the middle of the tabel ]
Put te drone on the table, switch ON, actual heading drone approx 290 (align with the water line..)
In the video you see that the blue drone arrow is pointing not to 290, but about (my guess interpreting compass indicator) 210. **
Oops 80 degrees wrong !! do not fly!

** in the log drone heading 186 at start, correcting to 292.

As my Mini2 is now my 'test' drone i choose for an autotakeoff.
To my surprise....compass moved to the correct heading (normal behaviour if interfered by metal at startup),
but...nothing happend afterwards, no fly away !

Did DJI really improved their firmware to 'repair' the compass offset after take-off??

cheers
JJB

2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Captain. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. The security strategy of the aircraft is optimized in this firmware update to ensure your flight safety. We encourage all users to update to the latest version. And by the way, we are pleased to read that your drone's performance is meeting your expectations. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-1-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 1-11 23:35
Hi, Captain. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. The security strategy of the aircraft is optimized in this firmware update to ensure your flight safety. We encourage all users to update to the latest version. And by the way, we are pleased to read that your drone's performance is meeting your expectations. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your answer, can you confirm that DJI changed this compass error ?
Is this now in every firmware for all DJI drones?

cheers
JJB
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 1-12 08:11
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your answer, can you confirm that DJI changed this compass error ?

You are most welcome. Regarding this specific concern, we'll have to verify it with our related team. We'll get back to you with a confirmation. Have a nice day!
2023-1-12
Use props
djiuser_29BrytN3Q74G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328783 ft
Italy

Ho aggiornato il firmware con 01.06.0200 al mio Mini 2 ( app 1.9.1 ) e questo aggiornamento ha creato un serio problema al circolo Quickshot!!! Nessun problema prima dell'aggiornamento! Questo è il video del problema del cerchio rapido. Aiutami a risolvere il problema.  Grazie! [color=var(--yt-endpoint-color,var(--yt-spec-call-to-action))]
2023-2-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 1-12 22:22
You are most welcome. Regarding this specific concern, we'll have to verify it with our related team. We'll get back to you with a confirmation. Have a nice day!

Thanks Tony for your reply   but still waiting for the verify reply....
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 2-8 00:36
Thanks Tony for your reply   but still waiting for the verify reply....

Hi, Captain. Apologies for the delayed update. According to our engineers, there is no information related to the compass changes. We can confirm that the previous firmware update optimized the drone promoting flight safety. If you encounter such issues, kindly perform an IMU and Compass calibration, and a firmware refresh. Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused. Have a nice day.
2023-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules