New Drone won't fly
691 4 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nostalgiablk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17211 ft
United States

So I am trying to validate what DJI support just told me so here is the back story. I have a MINI 2 so i am very familiar how updating controllers and firmware works for the DJI brand.

With that being said I bought a Air 2s updated the RC and the Drone firmware and i felt i was ready to go then i got "Unable to take off code 30064" I thought maybe because i was in doors it couldnt make a connection to GPS but it shows I had full strength to the RC and 20 on the GPS setting.

So I took it outside same error.

I then took out the battery put a fresh one in, updated the firmware and still didnt work.

I then took the drone to my PC and tried DJI assistant and refreshed the firmware. SAME ERROR.

I called DJI SUPPORT and he said this is a known issue and to wait 24 to 72hrs for a new firmware to be released.

I then asked if this is normal for people that have working Air 2s's and he confirmed that there are a lot of people right now that upgraded and they are grounded. He said there is no workaround and you just have to wait.

Is it normal for the firmware to kill the drone like this? Also to wait for updates and be grounded at the same time? I had a mini 2 for 6 months and never had this issue and now i am regretting my upgrade.
2023-1-11
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Do you use your phone or do you have Dji RC? I had this issue once with my phone. The Dji app wasn’t updated and after I updated the app my issue stopped. During that time I also was reading where others had to send their drone back for the same issue.
2023-1-11
Use props
nostalgiablk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17211 ft
United States

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 1-11 13:00
Do you use your phone or do you have Dji RC? I had this issue once with my phone. The Dji app wasn’t updated and after I updated the app my issue stopped. During that time I also was reading where others had to send their drone back for the same issue.

ugh you are 100% correct. I have not updated the phone app in about 4 months. i checked the version on my phone to the website and i was out of date. Upgraded and it worked!!!! THANKS FOR THIS! I was about to ship this thing back to amazon!!!
2023-1-11
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

nostalgiablk Posted at 1-11 13:53
ugh you are 100% correct. I have not updated the phone app in about 4 months. i checked the version on my phone to the website and i was out of date. Upgraded and it worked!!!! THANKS FOR THIS! I was about to ship this thing back to amazon!!!

Oh man thats awesome! Happy to hear that and glad I could help.
2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced with the help of our fellow DJI Pilot. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules