Action 2 Audio -12db gain not yet added
582 6 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Noticed that the OA3 now has -12db audio added to its firmware and software sets.  Is there a reason why the Action 2 does not also have this option available?  Same with 10-Bit colour option and HDR.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=277860&pid=2918316

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=277860&pid=2954487

2023-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will coordinate this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. Significant recommendations will be implemented via firmware updates, app updates, etc. For the latest news, please stay tuned to our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_LA2s6OCm6wrY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456493 ft
  • >>>
United States

I 10000% agree with you and wish the Action 2 had the same audio gain settings. I use my Action 2 with my motovlogging set up on my helmet, it's the perfect camera for this task! Just wish my audio wasn't clipping (mic is right near my mouth)
2023-12-23
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

YES
we need better gain control for extern mic
-12 db make most extern  lav mics useable with the OA2!
2023-12-23
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Unfortunately DJI has so far decided to leave out Action 2 users with any simple workable solution.

So here is a workaround if you have an external wireless mic lying around. We ended up using our Rode Wireless Go2 that is specifically designed to be hookup up to the Insta360.  The Go2 has up to -30db gain so there is plenty of headroom.  You can attach a lav easily.

Not a simple nor a low cost solution - but a solution nonetheless that ends up correcting the audio problem.  Finally does make the Action 2 audio clean and 100% useable.

DJI used Action 2 users as guinea pigs - then OA3 users - then OA4 users.  Very weird that Insta easily solved this with an audio adapter while DJI is still trying to get it right.  

If DJI was smart they would make an audio adapter that works with the Action 2.  As apparently they are trying to develop one for the OA4.

2023-12-23
Use props
ADVonZERO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456493 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-1-11 19:17
Thank you for your feedback. I will coordinate this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. Significant recommendations will be implemented via firmware updates, app updates, etc. For the latest news, please stay tuned to our official website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your valued support.

Is there any update to this? I absolutely love the Action 2, and it fits my needs perfectly. The audio is just atrocious with a wired microphone - it desperately needs -dB audio settings
1-7 05:41
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ADVonZERO Posted at 1-7 05:41
Is there any update to this? I absolutely love the Action 2, and it fits my needs perfectly. The audio is just atrocious with a wired microphone - it desperately needs -dB audio settings

Hello there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
1-8 02:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules