Lens (blurry edges), face pad, low-power state
1759 3 2023-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

Hi DJI, I received new Goggles 2 yesterday and have them paired to the new O3 Air Unit. These are great products BUT they have much to improve. Yes, it can be subjective when talking about goggles but there are many who have same problems. I would not expect such a problems from such an expensive products:

1. The Face pad is really bad it keeps pushing hard on a nose which is painful and it is hard to breathe, also there is light coming in from the bottom. Basically, bad design. I had a Skyzone SKY4X goggles and they were perfect.
2. It is impossible to set lens to see whole screen clearly. We are forced to choose what part of the screen to sacrifice. There is no way to see it all, so for sure you get blurry edges or blurry centre. What's wrong?
3. It would be helpful if the OSD data from bottom right part of the screen are moved to the bottom centre when using O3 Air Unit as stand alone (without flight controller) to eliminate possibility of seeing the blurry data in the right edge. It would be still blurry but better. It is so terrible not to see the most important data like battery status because it is blurry. Maybe we could choose ourselves where the OSD data are placed on the screen.
4. The "low-power state" switch when using O3 Air Unit as stand alone is not easily accessible because it is located in sub menus. It is not very helpful because O3 Air Unit gets very hot very quickly. The "low-power state" could be disabled automatically when screen is locked and the location of the switch accessible in the main menu or ASAP.

Honestly, I feel like I have got a beautiful pearl covered by rusty shell.
2023-1-11
Use props
mark426
lvl.3
Flight distance : 854117 ft
United States

Agreed. I finally gave up on the G2 and went back to my trusty V2 goggles. Same problem as everyone else, unreadable OSD and poor fit. Fit is not terrible but the OSD is really bad.
2023-1-12
Use props
Robino
lvl.3

Slovakia

mark426 Posted at 1-12 05:22
Agreed. I finally gave up on the G2 and went back to my trusty V2 goggles. Same problem as everyone else, unreadable OSD and poor fit. Fit is not terrible but the OSD is really bad.

Well, it is really pain in the ar... I still believe all those problems can be solved but nobody knows when and how
2023-1-12
Use props
SoNicK64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111703 ft
Netherlands

Same here, see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288119
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules