Osmo Action 1 problem with water?
1854 4 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stefanocps
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, i am looking to buy the 1st osmo action, second hand. I see there are a lot of these cam that are sold as broken because water got into the camera throguh the front screen, or similar..anyway water related problems
Is this a known issue?
I don't want it expcecially for underwater, but it might happen i will use it whne snorkelling

Wait some info

Thanks a lot
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To prevent the water from entering the DJI Osmo Action, we recommend that you install the battery buckle, USB knob, and lens cover properly. In particular, ensure that the device is closed during underwater shooting. It is better to use the product with a waterproof case as it provides waterproofing to a depth of 60 meters and 11 meters without waterproof case. DJI hopes that our product can help you record your great moments. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-12
Use props
stefanocps
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-12 21:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To prevent the water from entering the DJI Osmo Action, we recommend that you install the battery buckle, USB knob, and lens cover properly. In particular, ensure that the device is closed during underwater shooting. It is better to use the product with a waterproof case as it provides waterproofing to a depth of 60 meters and 11 meters without waterproof case. DJI hopes that our product can help you record your great moments. Thank you for your understanding and support.

thanks for clarify...but this is like telling me, do not trust waterproofing 100%, even if i look after all the conditiosn you mentioned. Is it right?
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

stefanocps Posted at 1-12 23:19
thanks for clarify...but this is like telling me, do not trust waterproofing 100%, even if i look after all the conditiosn you mentioned. Is it right?

The waterproof case is only required if you go above 11 meters, below that, the unit will work as normal. Also, the information above is the best thing to ensure that the unit is fixed when used underwater. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-13
Use props
thmsvdberg
New
Netherlands

I took my Osmo Action 1 underwater for the first time this Summer. Because the official case is no longer being sold (very poor customer service here), I had to take some third party thing from Amazon. Even with an anti-fog insert it got foggy, so for my last dive at 3m (holding on to a rope the entire dive to see blue sharks, so I never went lower than 3m) I figured I would use the Action 1 without a case, since supposedly it's water proof to 11m without a case. This is NOT TRUE in the slightest. After about half an hour, the camera wouldn't turn on anymore. Once on land, it was clear that water had gotten inside the camera. The battery was correctly inserted and the USB cover closed, the lens cap had never been removed so it was on super tight. Needless to say, I'm never buying a DJI product again. Shameless.
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules