Error 30064 & DJI Fly
515 5 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've been struggling with my Mini SE not flying because DJI Fly is reporting Error 30064.
I've seen lots of problems on this forum concerning that error message. This one adds something intriguing and might lead somewhere.

Background ... I have two nearly identical smartphones that I've used successfully for the Mini SE, let's call them S1 (the first one I owned) and S2 ( newly purchased more recently). S2 was bought when I mislaid S1. S1 has now been found but not used with the drone until today.

I used S2 successfully with the Mini SE for a couple of months until one day all the rotor blades were damaged on collision with a bush close to the ground; there was no other damage to the drone. I replaced the blades easily and after checking everything tried to take off using S2. Error 30064 came up on DJI Fly. That happened 5 days ago.
Since then I've  tried lots of things (as advised on this forum) including compass recalibration, IMU recalibration and uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Fly on S2. Nothing worked.
Then today I decided to clutch at straws and see if the drone would fly using S1. It did, perfectly, with everything doing what it should in the short flight.

So the drone itself is fine. Both S1 and S2 have DJI Fly and communicate nicely with the drone through the remote controller. And both smartphones are nearly the same and seem happy to work with DJI Fly. So why does S1 work and S2 doesn't? I looked for differences between the 2 phones and differences between their DJI Fly apps and this is what I found:-
S1 is a Huawey P10, VTR-L09, build 9.0.1.204 (IRL C368E5) EMUI 9.0.1. It's running Android v9 has CPU Disilon Kiiri 960, 4.0 GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. Its DJI Fly is v1.7.5.
S2 is a Huawey P10, VTR-L09, build VTR-L09C432B153 EMUI v5.1. It's running Android v7.0, has CPU Disilon Kiiri 960, 4.0 GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. Its DJI Fly is v1.9.1.
So there are the differences.

Has anyone out there any idea  what could be behind all this? And, I have 2 phones (neither cheap) and I'd like to rely on one of them just to fly the drone and use the other as  a general smartphone. Any suggestions there? And please .......... let's stay clear of Error 30064.
2023-1-12
Use props
Prezzodrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United Kingdom

Have you tried refreshing the firmware with DJI assistant?
2023-1-12
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

No.
Thanks for responding. But that would be opening another door to another avenue of exploration hoping again for the best.
And it wouldn't show what's behind all this or help me decide which phone to use.
Questions at this stage are fine but I'm looking for guidance before taking the next step.
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Since the unit experienced a crash, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-12
Use props
BrianLittlewood
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you very much DJI Paladin for responding.

To add a little more detail about the incident, the unit did not crash. In fact it settled in the foliage of a bush very close to the ground in my enclosed garden. The rotor blades were damaged but the drone itself settled gently, upright and in perectly good condition. As I said in my original post, I flew it afterwards with S2 and it behaved perfectly so there was no need for me to consider sending it in for a proper diagnosis.

My original post ended with a request for help in making a diagnosis from the information I provided. I said  "Has anyone out there any idea  what could be behind all this? And, I have 2 phones (neither cheap) and I'd like to rely on one of them just to fly the drone and use the other as  a general smartphone. Any suggestions there? And please .......... let's stay clear of Error 30064."  Please could you provide any help with that request DJI Paladin?

Many thanks,
Brian
2023-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BrianLittlewood Posted at 1-13 03:50
Thank you very much DJI Paladin for responding.

To add a little more detail about the incident, the unit did not crash. In fact it settled in the foliage of a bush very close to the ground in my enclosed garden. The rotor blades were damaged but the drone itself settled gently, upright and in perectly good condition. As I said in my original post, I flew it afterwards with S2 and it behaved perfectly so there was no need for me to consider sending it in for a proper diagnosis.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the said issue? Kindly please record a screen recording showing the issue on your other mobile device so we can check it here on our end. Please don't forget to hit the "reply" button for us to be notified when you answer. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules