Possible to set height for "fly home"?
4491 11 2023-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wrybread
lvl.2
Flight distance : 490932 ft
United States

I'm new to drones, and as luck would have it my first day using my DJI Mini 3 there was a bit of wind. And when I'd press the "return home" button the drone would go super high, which meant more wind.

Is there a way to configure how high it goes when it's returning home?

And there's no option in the forum for "DJI Mini 3 Pro", hopefully I selected the right option for this drone.
2023-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes .. you can set it to any height you want ... just look in your app settings .. in the safety section
2023-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, wrybread. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. To answer your question, yes, you can set the RTH Altitude from your DJI Fly app. In RTH, if the current altitude of the aircraft is lower than the RTH altitude, it will automatically ascend to the RTH altitude first. If the current altitude of the aircraft reaches or is higher than the RTH altitude set, it will fly to the Home Point at its current altitude. To set this, go to DJI Fly App Settings>Safety>(Auto) RTH Altitude. Set your preferred altitude. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

For future use the Products section is broken down as follows.
PRODUCT SECTION.jpg
2023-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Here's the place to find it:
Screenshot_20220601-185632.jpg
2023-1-13
Use props
wrybread
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-13 03:27
For future use the Products section is broken down as follows.

> For future use the Products section is broken down as follows.

I don't have those options. When posting a new thread, under "select a topic type" I get these options:

2023-1-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wrybread Posted at 1-13 08:17

I don't have those options. When posting a new thread, under "select a topic type" I get these options:

yes, almost there.....

next is the sub menu   ;-)
+ link to the Mini3 manual....always good to read few times
https://www.dji.com/nl/mini-3/downloads
Mini3menu.png
2023-1-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

wrybread Posted at 1-13 08:17

After you select Mavic, just need to pick subcategory by scrolling down.  

PS - Nevermind, just saw where JJB* had posted how to get to subcategory.  

2023-1-14
Use props
djiuser_8WZyI1FWbYB8
New

Singapore

DJI Tony Posted at 1-12 21:05
Hi, wrybread. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you encountered. To answer your question, yes, you can set the RTH Altitude from your DJI Fly app. In RTH, if the current altitude of the aircraft is lower than the RTH altitude, it will automatically ascend to the RTH altitude first. If the current altitude of the aircraft reaches or is higher than the RTH altitude set, it will fly to the Home Point at its current altitude. To set this, go to DJI Fly App Settings>Safety>(Auto) RTH Altitude. Set your preferred altitude. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!

I'm not sure whether this answered his question, I understand that  he wanted to change the RTH altitude while the drone is flying. My understanding is that this is not possible. Am I right ?
2023-12-29
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

wrybread: 1st rule? RTFM
2023-12-29
Use props
fanscb66e410
lvl.2
United States

relaxosmo Posted at 12-29 22:59
wrybread: 1st rule? RTFM

2nd rule: don't reply to ancient threads?
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8WZyI1FWbYB8 Posted at 12-29 22:12
I'm not sure whether this answered his question, I understand that  he wanted to change the RTH altitude while the drone is flying. My understanding is that this is not possible. Am I right ?

Hi there. Yes, you can change the RTH Altitude while still in flight. Have a nice day.
2023-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules