969 5 2023-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KillerB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308360 ft
Australia

Hi there!

Quick description. I bought this drone yesterday (Mini 3 Pro) with an included battery. A mate took off with a full battery, flew for a bit, and landed for 1-5 minutes or so.

I took off again at an indicated 79% battery and flew in some moderately high wind, nothing even my old Spark couldn't handle. (On the flight data the battery voltages for this 79% were around 3.6V (per cell) with a deviation of ~0.002. The deviation at the time of the crash was 0.164V with cell 1 @2.35V and cell 2 @2.18V).

I got one alert "battery power restricted", which I assumed was because of the wind (I've had this sometimes where the battery is overworked, so it reduces power).

I checked the battery indicator in that moment and found it to be at ~43%, so it confirmed to me at the time that my thoughts on the battery power restriction was perfectly fine.

Suddenly, (around 30 seconds later), I get an alert that the drone was landing due to "critical voltage levels". I have attached an image of the flight data showing the battery suddenly dropping to 0% from 40% within 0.2 seconds (as well as pictures of the damage done).

I attempted to steer it to where would be reasonably safe. It decended in an open field until about 30 metres of the ground and completely died, crashing dead straight into the ground. The video I was recording got corrupted due to the insanely low battery level, but I managed to save the very last frame of the drone looking downwards, roughly 30m off the ground before it powered off completely. I have attached this.

I have applied for a replacement, but this process can take weeks and I need this drone for a shoot this week. I do not want to publicly share the flight data merely because it shows my private residence. Is there any way I can get a DJI rep to privately assess the flight data to determine this clearly was not caused by user error and send a replacement immediately? I don't see how sending it to a repair centre would aid in discovering the cause as the flight data is definitely sufficient in my eyes, especially for a brand new drone.

Cheers guys!

Damage to front of lens and gimble body

Damage to front of lens and gimble body

Body damage

Body damage

Damage to body and gimble attachment points

Damage to body and gimble attachment points

Damage to gimble body

Damage to gimble body

Drop from 40% to 0% instantly

Drop from 40% to 0% instantly

Last frame of footage before crash

Last frame of footage before crash
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, KillerB. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the mishap with your brand-new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Please be advised that I was able to pull up the replacement request using your DJI Forum details. We understand how much you need the unit for your planned flight soon, however, I'm sorry to inform you that we will need to send the DJI Mini 3 Pro to our official service center for it to be properly assessed and diagnosed by our technicians. Rest assured that data analysis can be requested to determine the cause. Please note that the estimated turn-around time of your replacement request should be within 5 working days excluding the shipment process. Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
KillerB
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 1-15 01:28
Hi, KillerB. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the mishap with your brand-new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Please be advised that I was able to pull up the replacement request using your DJI Forum details. We understand how much you need the unit for your planned flight soon, however, I'm sorry to inform you that we will need to send the DJI Mini 3 Pro to our official service center for it to be properly assessed and diagnosed by our technicians. Rest assured that data analysis can be requested to determine the cause. Please note that the estimated turn-around time of your replacement request should be within 5 working days excluding the shipment process. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply

Do these service centres typically have replacements on-site. By this, I mean if I were to take it directly to them and have it be assessed, (and presuming it is assessed as being a defect), do they have replacements on-hand immediately? Or is it a case of it being ordered elsewhere, making the trip to a service centre largely useless?

Thanks again!
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

KillerB Posted at 1-15 02:51
Thanks for the reply

Do these service centres typically have replacements on-site. By this, I mean if I were to take it directly to them and have it be assessed, (and presuming it is assessed as being a defect), do they have replacements on-hand immediately? Or is it a case of it being ordered elsewhere, making the trip to a service centre largely useless?

Thank you for the inquiry. May I confirm if you are referring if you can visit the official service center personally? or you will try to check with the other service centers in your location? Please be advised that the official service center does not accept walk-in services as the process will be shipping the unit to the facility and it will undergo further steps of the process. Thank you.
2023-1-15
Use props
KillerB
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 1-15 03:54
Thank you for the inquiry. May I confirm if you are referring if you can visit the official service center personally? or you will try to check with the other service centers in your location? Please be advised that the official service center does not accept walk-in services as the process will be shipping the unit to the facility and it will undergo further steps of the process. Thank you.

Understood, thanks!

(For the record, I was referring to official service centres)
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

KillerB Posted at 1-15 04:12
Understood, thanks!

(For the record, I was referring to official service centres)

You're welcome and thank you for the clarification. Should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules