MOTOROLA Edge 30 Ultra 5G and DJI Osmo Mobile 6
2463 5 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tsvetan_P_BG
lvl.1

United States

Hello friends,
I intend to buy a new mobile phone and I chose MOTOROLA Edge 30 Ultra 5G with 200Mpix main camera. To be honest I am not sure what the 200Mpix camera means and how it contributes those pixels in a small matrix. Well, this is another question.
My question is do you have this phone or brand Motorola working with the Osmo Mobile 6 gimble? I'm asking cause I didn't find Motorola as a brand in the compatibility list!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Mobile 6 is compatible with most smartphones on the market. It is recommended to use smartphones with a width of 67-84 mm, a thickness of 6.9-10 mm, and a weight of 170-290 g. Currently, Motorola devices have not been tested by our engineers. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.
In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-16
Use props
Tsvetan_P_BG
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 1-16 22:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Mobile 6 is compatible with most smartphones on the market. It is recommended to use smartphones with a width of 67-84 mm, a thickness of 6.9-10 mm, and a weight of 170-290 g. Currently, Motorola devices have not been tested by our engineers. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.
In theory, a device that meets system requirements can be used even if it is not in the Compatibility List, but its stabilization has not been verified. We recommend that you download the app first and go to the nearby outlet for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!

Hello and many thanks for your answer to my request! I appreciate this!
I will test with any devices around my friends and finally, I will choose what to buy.
I do not want to spend money on the most expensive brand cause I'm travelling a lot and damage is something that might occur frequently, The most important will be steady video and really good cameras with optical zoom. As you said there are many brands on the market and this will be a difficult task for me!
I would like to thank you once again and wish you a wonderful day!
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tsvetan_P_BG Posted at 1-26 01:37
Hello and many thanks for your answer to my request! I appreciate this!
I will test with any devices around my friends and finally, I will choose what to buy.
I do not want to spend money on the most expensive brand cause I'm travelling a lot and damage is something that might occur frequently, The most important will be steady video and really good cameras with optical zoom. As you said there are many brands on the market and this will be a difficult task for me!

You're welcome, and thanks for your understanding. Safe travels!
2023-1-27
Use props
WojciechS
New

Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 1-16 22:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Mobile 6 is compatible with most smartphones on the market. It is recommended to use smartphones with a width of 67-84 mm, a thickness of 6.9-10 mm, and a weight of 170-290 g. Currently, Motorola devices have not been tested by our engineers. DJI will publish the compatible devices that have passed official tests on the Compatibility List on its official website. However, due to the numerous mobile device models available that are subject to software and hardware updates, the DJI engineers are unable to test all devices.

I have DJI Osmo Mobile 6 and Motorola G 72, the gimbal works nicely with the phone (when filming and taking photos with the Motorola camera) but the Mimo application not so much. The first version installs but does not run, with the upgrade it starts but causes problems. The controls work, photos work, but filming is worse, after a few seconds the app beeps and closes. So I'm waiting for the next patch to remove this. The gimbal itself is great, as someone said, it's truly the Mercedes among gimbals :-)
2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WojciechS Posted at 12-16 10:35
I have DJI Osmo Mobile 6 and Motorola G 72, the gimbal works nicely with the phone (when filming and taking photos with the Motorola camera) but the Mimo application not so much. The first version installs but does not run, with the upgrade it starts but causes problems. The controls work, photos work, but filming is worse, after a few seconds the app beeps and closes. So I'm waiting for the next patch to remove this. The gimbal itself is great, as someone said, it's truly the Mercedes among gimbals :-)

Hello there. Have you already tried to clear the mobile phone cache and ensure that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended) and hard restart the mobile phone? Also please make sure you are using the latest version of the Mimo app https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo. Have a nice day.
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules