Charging
636 9 2023-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roylpain
lvl.1

United States

First Post... Can I video and charge at the same time?
Thanks,
2023-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Roylpain. Thank you for reaching out and for joining DJI Forum. Yes, you can. However, it is recommended to use the Osmo Pocket after it is fully charged. If you use the Osmo Pocket while it's being charged, the battery will generate heat, which shortens the battery life. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-16
Use props
Roylpain
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 22:09
Hi, Roylpain. Thank you for reaching out and for joining DJI Forum. Yes, you can. However, it is recommended to use the Osmo Pocket after it is fully charged. If you use the Osmo Pocket while it's being charged, the battery will generate heat, which shortens the battery life. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your support!  One last query on this subject and I'll be good to go...
So is a regular usb/AC adapter into in wall circuit ok?
2023-1-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roylpain Posted at 1-16 23:48
Thank you for your support!  One last query on this subject and I'll be good to go...
So is a regular usb/AC adapter into in wall circuit is ok?

That's what I use. Or you can even charge it from a USB port on your laptop. I do that too.
2023-1-16
Use props
Roylpain
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-16 23:57
That's what I use. Or you can even charge it from a USB port on your laptop. I do that too.

Much thanks!
2023-1-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2023-1-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

If I remember right, they officially suggest that if you need to charge the Osmo Pocket while filming, then it is advised to use a powerbank instead of AC power. I myself have a 20,000mAh Anker PowerCore with a trickle charge function and it has served me well for this purpose. (I myself use a Pocket 2 though, so YMMV.)
2023-1-17
Use props
Roylpain
lvl.1

United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-17 16:03
If I remember right, they officially suggest that if you need to charge the Osmo Pocket while filming, then it is advised to use a powerbank instead of AC power. I myself have a 20,000mAh Anker PowerCore with a trickle charge function and it has served me well for this purpose. (I myself use a Pocket 2 though, so YMMV.)

Thanks for this since I was planning of using the AC connection tonight. I think I'll wait until I'm sure I won't damage my camera.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Roylpain Posted at 1-16 23:48
Thank you for your support!  One last query on this subject and I'll be good to go...
So is a regular usb/AC adapter into in wall circuit ok?

Hi, Roylpain. You're most welcome! That will be fine but as mentioned above battery will shorten battery life if you use the Osmo Pocket while charging. Thank you for your kind understanding.  
2023-1-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Roylpain Posted at 1-17 17:15
Thanks for this since I was planning of using the AC connection tonight. I think I'll wait until I'm sure I won't damage my camera.

No problem, I hope you find the best way to use your camera, considering both functionality and the lifespan of the camera. :-)
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules