1629 7 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious if there's a POI in waypoint mode for hyperlapse. I've tried locating it but the only option is Waypoints.   It would be beneficial to create a waypoint route then pick a POI to have the camera lock onto during the waypoint flight.   Currently I only see this in course lock and Circle.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make it work or is it a missing "feature"?
2023-1-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

No POI, but there is a work-around. Fly to where you want your HL to start. Center your crosshairs on your POI. Then move to your second waypoint, keep the crosshair centered on the same POI. Keep doing this until you get to the end. As the drone flys, it keeps the next POI centered. Here is a sample of a school near me under construction.
2023-1-20
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. This works great for non waypoint missions but getting it to stay centered in waypoint is difficult. A POI selection like video mode would be super useful!
2023-1-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 1-20 09:33
Thank you. This works great for non waypoint missions but getting it to stay centered in waypoint is difficult. A POI selection like video mode would be super useful!

This IS a waypoints mission. Yes, a POI would be great, but this works. The more precise you are in aligning the crosshairs and the closer the waypoints, the better the POI will be rendered.
2023-1-20
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-20 09:34
This IS a waypoints mission. Yes, a POI would be great, but this works. The more precise you are in aligning the crosshairs and the closer the waypoints, the better the POI will be rendered.

Thanks!  Precision is the key.  I noticed POI circling doesn't work well unless I set the POI very close up to the target then back away.   I'll continue to use your method until they hopefully add POI in waypoints for hyperlapse.
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-20
Use props
djiuser_UQhRmUtGvrrH
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 19:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, this function is unavailable due to compatibility issues but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.

I would love to have myself as a point of interest on my bike and have it follow my routine path.  Having a 15 second hyperlapse video would be great.  However, a 30 minute video of my bike ride...I'll never watch it!
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_UQhRmUtGvrrH Posted at 12-21 17:18
I would love to have myself as a point of interest on my bike and have it follow my routine path.  Having a 15 second hyperlapse video would be great.  However, a 30 minute video of my bike ride...I'll never watch it!

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please confirm what specific DJI product are you referring to so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We appreciate your cooperation.
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules