2717 9 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

https://store.4hawks.com/dji/mini-3-pro/raptor-sr-rc-2

Has anyone tried this range extender? Obviously the installation will void the controller warranty!

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://store-xxhdb6xi.mybigcommerce.com/content/4Hawks-A138.pdf

I am not going for long range but less signal loss where I fly.

A138S_2M.jpg
2023-1-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

While interesting, I am not ripping apart my controller to do this.  The drone already can fly further than I can see, and there is no rational reason I need to operate a drone beyond VLOS.  
2023-1-20
Use props
Tanasit
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-20 13:29
I don't really see the need.  This is what I am getting with the stock DJI RC...

Good for you but where I fly the terrains are not like yours so I hope this range extender will help.
Just placed the order.
Made in Poland I think!
2023-1-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tanasit Posted at 1-20 21:37
Good for you but where I fly the terrains are not like yours so I hope this range extender will help.
Just placed the order.
Made in Poland I think!

Radio works on line of sight, once you lose that then its going to struggle, thats why radio masts are so high, for the extra small distance you may achieve with the modification, the price doesn't justify it but, then its your money let us know how ya get on..
2023-1-21
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

This YouTube channel has two "how to" fitting guides for the RC and RC-N1 controllers.
https://www.youtube.com/@alientechbooster8242/videos
2023-1-23
Use props
Tanasit
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-23 03:47
Let us know how it works for you.

So far, I only had 6 flights testing the range. The first 2 were the baseline using the stock controller which I already know the approximate range I usually get when I fly at that particular location (which is only around 600 to 800 meters).

Now with the 4HAWKS fitted, the very first flight I was able to go beyond 1000 meters where I never been before with the stock controller! The subsequence flights confirmed that the range improvement with the Hawk is at least 200 meters more.

I am very happy.
Note also that the days when I tested, the weather was about the same when I had the baseline flights and I tried my best to be at the same spot as well as the way I hold the controller.
2023-3-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Tanasit Posted at 3-15 05:53
So far, I only had 6 flights testing the range. The first 2 were the baseline using the stock controller which I already know the approximate range I usually get when I fly at that particular location (which is only around 600 to 800 meters).

Now with the 4HAWKS fitted, the very first flight I was able to go beyond 1000 meters where I never been before with the stock controller! The subsequence flights confirmed that the range improvement with the Hawk is at least 200 meters more.

Thanks for reporting back.
That's great news.
F VLOS.
2023-3-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-16 04:21
I would have expected more of an increase than 200 meters.  How much was the antenna?

I thought that too, I would have expected to see double at least seen as they say up to 4x better.
2023-3-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

anyone who doesnt have the inclination, this guy can probably do the work for you.  he has been known to allow to you send him the equipment if you already have it so if you have a spare remote laying around, you can prob send it and just buy the antenna.

https://www.covertdrones.com/
ive done this once with an autel controller and the range was good but the signal strength was exceptional and rock solid in many places where it was previous blocky and jittery.  not so much range but good penetration.
2023-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 02:39
Agreed.  It seems like a lot of work & expense for very little improvement.

The Alientech is well over $600 and only claims 2x range.....
2023-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules