Avata normal mode is just like a Mavic?
3501 5 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alesiab
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello there, is the avata normal/sport mode just like flying a mavic? By that I mean the same controls and the ability to move the camera gimbal with the slider in the controller?

Thank you
2023-1-20
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

Assuming you're using the FPV Controller, then yes, it flies just like a Mavic, but one that reeeeeally struggles in even light wind.
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Difference between DJI Avata and for example the DJI Mavic 3 sports mode is, the DJI Avata can fly sports mode up to 14 m/s and the DJI Mavic 3 is 21 m/s. Also, the control is different base on the controller that you are using. The DJI Avata can be used with the DJI FPV remote controller 2 and the DJI Motion controller. For more information, you may visit the Manual of the DJI Avata. You may click the link below to access the manual. Thank you for your valued support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2023-1-20
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Regarding your question: Yes and no.

Yes, if you let go the controls, it stops. If you just pitch and yaw at speed zero, it holds it current position nicely.
The first BUT is the Motion Controller. With that you fly towards the point you are looking at through the camera. You cannot move sidewards, backwards, straight up/down while the camera remains. For example, flying in parallel to somebody but looking at him is not possible. Yes, I know the statement is technically not correct due to the head tracking feature of the goggles V2 but from a practical point of view you are very limited. To solve that, you need the FPV Controller. I will get one soon for sure.

What you can do with the Avata but not the regular drones is proximity flying. Flying 20cm close to something, following somebody from a few meters behind for a longer period of time.

In my opinion, the best DJI could do would be to enable the goggles V2 for the Mini 3 Pro. Then you would have the pros of the Mini 3 with the proximity flying options of FPV and for cinematic videos that would cover 95% of the use cases. Just imagine you look through the headset at a person skiing, all you do with the controller is control the speed. The drone does fly where you look at. That would be a very useful flight mode, easy to control!

At the moment however we do not even know if the goggles can be paired with the Mini 3 Pro ever, the head tracking is not for controlling the flight path, etc.
2023-1-20
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

WernerD Posted at 1-20 23:28
Regarding your question: Yes and no.

Yes, if you let go the controls, it stops. If you just pitch and yaw at speed zero, it holds it current position nicely.

I totally agree.
The DJI MIni 3 Pro with the support of Goggles V2/2 will increase its value and versatility
I have both, but the mini 3 pro camera is far away better than the avatar ones.
But you have to consider that Mini 3 pro is a little bigger already without the propguards and 2 blades props aren't the best for proximity fly.
2023-1-21
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

I would add that you can fly the avata almost exactly as you fly the mini3Pro provided :
1) you use the remote2 fpv controller
2) you attach a phone to this controller
3) you switch the EIS mode to "horizonsteady" to have stabilisation on 3 axis (electronic one for roll and yaw)
4) you fly with DJI Fly app

With all this you really can fly the avata the same way as you fly a Mavic

But you won't ever fly the Mavic the same way you can (want) to fly the avata !

2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules