Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paultom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114295 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Kyiv in Ukraine next week – filming with some architects, and I wonder if anyone can advise on whether it's possible to film with a DJI mini3 drone at the moment?

I had heard that no drone flying is allowed during the war, but then found these 2 recent links which suggest that it's ok, within the usual rules.

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-ukraine/

https://drone-laws.com/drone-laws-in-ukraine/

I wouldn't be flying the drone very high - just around the buildings that the architects are discussing.

Thanks for any info or advice,

Paul
2023-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what the current drone restrictions are.  Do you have an in-country point of contact who could get an official answers for you?

Sounds like your project will be done under challenging conditions.  Stay safe.
2023-1-21
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

#Quick Not sure what the current drone restrictions are Reply Here#
2023-1-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ro_walker Posted at 1-21 20:29
#Quick Not sure what the current drone restrictions are Reply Here#

??????????????
2023-1-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Keep safe out there, and think twice before taking actions whatever they may be.
2023-1-24
Use props
paultom
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-24 06:12
Keep safe out there, and think twice before taking actions whatever they may be.

Thanks for the kind responses - the Ukraine Aviation Authority replied to me to say that drones are still allowed to fly in Ukraine but to be sensible and obviously stay away from military areas & infrastructure

For anyone who finds this post in a search, their email address is vdz@avia.gov.ua
2023-1-24
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

I can appreciate the architectural interest, but the risk seems great. Take care and make good choices.
2023-1-25
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567815 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds dangerous
2023-8-14
Use props
paultom
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tampik Posted at 9-15 03:03
Es ist großartig, dass Sie die Ukraine besuchen möchten, um all die interessanten Sehenswürdigkeiten und Schönheit des Landes zu erleben! Ein wichtiger Tipp für Ihre Reise ist, sich vorab um eine Covid-19-Krankenversicherung zu kümmern. Dies ist besonders wichtig, da die Ukraine die Versicherungspflicht für ausländische Reisende eingeführt hat. In diesem Zusammenhang empfehle ich Ihnen dringend, die Website https://insuranceukraine.com/ge zu besuchen. Dort finden Sie umfassende Informationen zur Auswahl der richtigen Versicherungspolice und einen einfachen Antragsprozess, um sicherzustellen, dass Sie alle ukrainischen Einreisevorschriften erfüllen. Dies wird Ihnen helfen, Ihre Reise reibungsloser und sorgenfreier zu gestalten, damit Sie Ihr Aufenthalt in der Ukraine in vollen Zügen genießen können.

Thank you – I have done 7 trips to Kyiv now, and yes I always take out the national Ukrainian Insurance plan including Covid coverage. Thanks again for your reply
2023-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules