Go App won't run
6356 28 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When I connect everything up, the app opens but instead of the homescreen I get a screen telling me to coneect the aircraft.

Lights are green on P3 and RC and I can move the camera, but nothing else.

Does this mean my tablet is unsuitable and that is why it doesn't open the app properly?

2015-8-18
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Did you have the previous Pilot App ?
If yes, go to the user center (the "Me" icon) in the app and check if your credentials are still stored or need to be entered again.
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-18 19:49
Did you have the previous Pilot App ?
If yes, go to the user center (the "Me" icon) in the app and c ...

I'm a newbie so didn't use pilot.
2015-8-18
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

If you are using an Android, check to see if usb debugging is on if it is turn it off and try again.
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

skeley68 Posted at 2015-8-18 20:48
If you are using an Android, check to see if usb debugging is on if it is turn it off and try again.

I've tried 2 ipad minis and a samsung galaxy S5 mini.

Neither will open up the homepage on the App.

It just says "connect your aircraft" .... yet I have green lights and can control the gimbal so I assume the aircraft is connected.

2015-8-18
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

jh99 Posted at 2015-8-18 20:52
I've tried 2 ipad minis and a samsung galaxy S5 mini.

Neither will open up the homepage on the Ap ...

Is your platform upgraded to the latest Firmware
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dundee Posted at 2015-8-18 21:00
Is your platform upgraded to the latest Firmware

Yes .............
2015-8-18
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Did you create an account ?
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-18 21:28
Did you create an account ?

I did on the website before I got everything running and while I was waiting for the batteries to charge.

Would that make a difference?
2015-8-18
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is the light green on your remote control ?
2015-8-18
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

I'm maybe wrong but I think the quad has to be linked to your account. In order to be able to do this, you have to login with your account in the app.
So give it a try by clicking on the "Me" icon at the bottom of the app screen.
Another solution is to link via the remote settings menu in the app (you should have to enter camera view to do this).

You give us very few information in order to help : did you ever fly with your Phantom, is this the first connection attempt, what platform do you use (iOS or Android), and so on !
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-8-18 22:38
Is the light green on your remote control ?

Yes .......
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-18 22:40
I'm maybe wrong but I think the quad has to be linked to your account. In order to be able to do thi ...

I have already said I've tried ios and android.

I have never flown once,because I can't get anything to work.
2015-8-18
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try another USB cable, after that, I'd say it's back to DJI ?

2015-8-18
Use props
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

This sounds more like the RC is not connecting to the app.
If the controls do work the bird but the app doesn't get passed the opening screen, then it could be either the cable(s) or the usb port.
Many people have reported issues when not using original cables so maybe that could be the problem.
2015-8-18
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

colin.buckle Posted at 2015-8-18 23:13
This sounds more like the RC is not connecting to the app.
If the controls do work the bird but the  ...

This is what I am "homing in on" being the problem. The app shows the same screen whether I'm connected to the rc or not.

I am going to get some differnet leads and try again. If that doesn't work, then I think it must be the usb port is faulty.

thanks for all the replies people. keep 'em coming
2015-8-18
Use props
hobbydynamics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53727 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

i am also having the same issue with our Phantom 3 Advance. New FW is updated, DJI GO Installed, everything connecting and turned on, but DJI GO only says "connect to the aircraft". I dont get to see the camera view menu.
2015-8-18
Use props
Robertbaron001
New

United States

I had the same issue and I'm not sure if this resolved it but right after I did this it allowed me to go into the camera mode.

I had the RC off and the bird off and I just launched the app.  When I did it allowed me to go into camera mode.  I then closed the app and hooked my android device to the RC, turned it on, turned the bird on and then launched the App.  The camera mode was still available.

The problem I'm having now though is that while in camera mode it says "disconnected".  The RC is connected to the bird as I have been able to get the camera to move by turning the wheel on the RC but so far no matter what I do it says "disconnected".  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
2015-8-18
Use props
andrew_dryer
New

United States

Same problem here. I flew the drone fine right out of the box. Yesterday, I updated the app to the GO APP and now it just says "connect". I updated the drone/camera succesfully with the most recent fw. The RC and the Phantom 3 have green lights. The RC allows me to pan the camera slightly. I feel like the APP is the problem. BTW, I am using the iPhone 5s. ANy help would be greatly appreciated!
2015-9-6
Use props
pgil1724
New

United States

Hello Jh99, I'm having the same issue with my P3. Just wondering if you were able to solve the problem and if you did... How?
2015-9-19
Use props
jh99
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just a quick update ....

After trying everything suggested and getting nowhere, I concluded that the RC must be faulty. After all, the setting up is not that difficult if you follow the procedure carefully, so I knew I was doing everything right.

Anyway I sent everything back under warranty and it was confirmed that the unit was faulty (much to my relief)

That was a few weeks ago and I have today received a replacement and everything works fine (although I've only tried it in my garden). Going out for a proper first flight tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

2015-9-23
Use props
lobsang.christo
New

France

hobbydynamics@g Posted at 2015-8-19 02:52
i am also having the same issue with our Phantom 3 Advance. New FW is updated, DJI GO Installed, eve ...

same problem here on a brand new inspire. app is opening, ipupdated, airfcraft updated but it says : connect ' and i can't do anything...
2015-9-26
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

lobsang.christo Posted at 2015-9-26 23:59
same problem here on a brand new inspire. app is opening, ipupdated, airfcraft updated but it says ...

What device are you running? ios or android?
2015-9-26
Use props
lobsang.christo
New

France

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-26 16:06
What device are you running? ios or android?

hello
iOS 8.4 on an ipad mini
2015-9-26
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

lobsang.christo Posted at 2015-9-27 00:13
hello
iOS 8.4 on an ipad mini

Have you tried rebinding the transmitter to the bird?
2015-9-26
Use props
lobsang.christo
New

France

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-26 17:04
Have you tried rebinding the transmitter to the bird?

downgraded to 1.3 on the aircraft. remote still red. how can i upgrade ? or reconnect ? thanks !!
2015-9-26
Use props
lobsang.christo
New

Germany

Sorry Rocket, can you help.. how can i rebind the transmitter ?
thank you so much (really appreciate)
2015-10-2
Use props
randy
lvl.1
United States

I had the same issue with Samsung Galaxy note 5, it was the result of the phone's USB setting to have that be used as "Charging Only" instead of allowing it to connect to a USB device like Phantom Remote.  Apparently the new Android OS 6.0 (Marhmillow) causes your phone usb input to operate as a Charging Only by default.  This is what you have to do.

1. Once you have USB plugged into Remote, plug into phone

2.drag the notifications bar down, you'll see one notification that says "Connected for Charging touch for other USB Options.  Touch that.

3. then you see 5 options. The one at the bottom is "Charging" which is automatically selected.  The one above it is "Connecting midi devices" so you want to select that.

And that will allow the DJ Go App to connect with the phone.
2016-5-6
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

randy@celebrati Posted at 2016-5-6 12:32
I had the same issue with Samsung Galaxy note 5, it was the result of the phone's USB setting to hav ...

think your advise is falling on deaf ears/blind eyes.   

this threads been dead for 7 months and op hasn't been on for 8.      

Wish threads auto locked after a month or 2 with no activity.    hey dji_ken.  anyway to submit autolocking threads for next forum upgrade?
2016-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules