Controller Wheel on pocket 2 problem
1492 12 2023-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

Hi,
I just received today my controller wheel.
I tested on my pocket 2 : it is recognized by the pocket, and at the first power on , pocket display to wait for an update pour the joystick.
Fastly, the update was finished, seemly correctly.
But when i use now the contrller wheel, at start, it seems work but at one moment, he change the other axis too ! so, i can't drive correctly the gimbal !

I tested to recalibrate the joystick, and even reset the pocket, but the same behaviour...

Have anyone see this issue ?  

Is there a solution ?

Thank's in advance.

JY
(French ;-))
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Lagigue. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with a video of the operation for further checking? You may also check this video: We will wait for your reply. Thank you
2023-1-22
Use props
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

Hi DJI Gamora,

I have an video i just took, but no youtube channel or another way to send you my vidéo... And the upload option, don't accept video files...
Have you a link for an workplace to send you my video ?

I'm sad about this issue, because the wheel controller seems to be a must have for Pocket...

Best regards

JY
2023-1-22
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I agree Controller Wheel is a must for Pocket 2 that joystick is useless.
2023-1-23
Use props
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

Hi DJI Gamora,

there is link to download the video i maded : https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/7490e246-8d41-4039-a25d-7d034933f5a5

Let's me know if you have see it.

Best regards
2023-1-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

While I do not find the Pocket 2's joystick completely useless, I do commend the fact that we have the option to use the controller wheel. It's true that the wheel is more handy for controlling the movement speed and smoothening the movements, but I think that the small size factor and the possibility to use the zoom with the joystick somewhat counterbalance the situation.

As for the problem, while I'm not an expert on electronics, it could be that the small switch under the wheel could have a problem (the one that swtiches between the tilt and pan axis). I assume you don't push that switch accidentally? If not, it could be time to send it to service.
2023-1-23
Use props
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

HGDC84 Posted at 1-23 10:39
While I do not find the Pocket 2's joystick completely useless, I do commend the fact that we have the option to use the controller wheel. It's true that the wheel is more handy for controlling the movement speed and smoothening the movements, but I think that the small size factor and the possibility to use the zoom with the joystick somewhat counterbalance the situation.

As for the problem, while I'm not an expert on electronics, it could be that the small switch under the wheel could have a problem (the one that swtiches between the tilt and pan axis). I assume you don't push that switch accidentally? If not, it could be time to send it to service.

Hi HGDC84,

The wheel controlleur is new : i just received it yesterday...
And the joystick work fine, so i can think that the contactors on pocket are OK.
2023-1-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Lagigue Posted at 1-23 10:44
Hi HGDC84,

The wheel controlleur is new : i just received it yesterday...

My suggestion is to contact DJI Support, if the controller wheel is brand new I am sure the possible services will be covered by warranty. I hope you get it to work, the way or the other.
2023-1-23
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 1-23 10:39

As for the problem, while I'm not an expert on electronics, it could be that the small switch under the wheel could have a problem (the one that swtiches between the tilt and pan axis). I assume you don't push that switch accidentally? If not, it could be time to send it to service.

I'm pointing that the joystick is very noisy and camera records that. Clicks and cracks and slippery for finger. If it would be silent and rubbery it would be excellent.
2023-1-23
Use props
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

Lagigue Posted at 1-22 23:01
Hi DJI Gamora,

I have an video i just took, but no youtube channel or another way to send you my vidéo... And the upload option, don't accept video files...

Hi DJI Gamora,

there is link to download the video i maded : https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/7490e246-8d41-4039-a25d-7d034933f5a5

Let's me know if you have see it.

Best regards
2023-1-23
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lagigue Posted at 1-23 14:10
Hi DJI Gamora,

Looks like you may have a dud here, this does not look like software problem. I would clean contacts on Osmo and wheel control and if nothing changes then return for a replacement. Good luck.
2023-1-23
Use props
Lagigue
lvl.1
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 1-23 15:58
Looks like you may have a dud here, this does not look like software problem. I would clean contacts on Osmo and wheel control and if nothing changes then return for a replacement. Good luck.

Hi,

After clean the ontactor, the same issue occurs...

Yes, the only solution, i think, it's to go to a dji store for exchange...

Thank's
2023-1-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Aavalaakso Posted at 1-23 12:08
I'm pointing that the joystick is very noisy and camera records that. Clicks and cracks and slippery for finger. If it would be silent and rubbery it would be excellent.

I don't find my joystick that noisy, but that could depend on the base of cases. But I do know the problem in general, as many cameras have issues recording the noises of pressing controls, or rather, the controls being too noisy.

Or it might be that I just don't pay attention to that for some reason, at least I haven't noticed significant problems with it myself when talking about the Pocket 2. One of my other cameras does have that problem though, with its clicky buttons, and with that one it is clearly a nuisance.
2023-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules