Unbinding and Removal of Flight Data for Returned/Replaced Unit
1810 5 2023-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve266
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10545377 ft
United States

I have just received a replacement Mini 3 Pro using "DJI Care Express" and have return my damaged unit.  I did not Unbind / Remove  Device from my account before returning.
  • Can I still do this without the returned unit present?
  • If yes, will it remove associated flight history such as total distance, flight time, total flights from the Flight Data Center in the app?  If not, is there a way to remove this data for the returned unit?  I would like to start with a clean slate for the new unit.

2023-1-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) Yes and
2) unbinding will not delete data.
Why start with a clean slate?  The app can separate the flights made by each drone.  Most folks prefer to keep data, I back mine up to computer.
With regards to the returned drone I would guess that once a drone is in DJI's possession they can reset it in house i.e. wipe out the binding. If so 1) may not be necessary.
2023-1-23
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for reply.  I have no problem with retaining history but I can't find a way to display totals per device.  I have an original Mavic Mini, the returned M3P and the new M3P in the history.  I can see individual flight info (date, distance, altitude and duration) for each of the 3 units mentioned above, but the totals displayed include all flights for all 3 units.  For clarity:  When I select Profile; More; my new M3P, it correctly displays 4 short flights since it arrived today, but the totals at the top of the Flight Data Center show 313km, 19.9h, 149 flights.  These are same totals as when "All Aircraft" are selected.
2023-1-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't help with splitting the totals into subtotals, sorry.
2023-1-23
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for that Dirty Bird.  It seems like totals should change at the top of the Flight Data Center page base on selection of a specific aircraft or "All Aircraft".  I think that would be a nice improvement to the app but for now I'll use your suggested method.

In a related matter:  Can the information in Flight Data Center be changed to display Imperial distance & altitude rather than Metric.  When originally setting up the app, I chose imperial, and it displays imperial figures for distance, altitude and speed while flying and in the device detail screen that you referenced.  When I touch a column header (ie: Distance) it seems to shift to imperial, but the numbers do not correspond to the metric figures.  Mostly zeros for distances and altitudes and virtually all flights change to 1 minute.
2023-1-24
Use props
Steve266
lvl.1
United States

I see now that I'm changing from newest flight to oldest, not switching to imperial as I thought originally.
2023-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules