Lost control at auto take-off and smash
3534 11 2023-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

I am more or less at my 5th or 6th flight never encountered such issue, and now - even though I have not lost my mini 3 pro, it smashed into a wall after lost of control. Set to avoid obstacles, I did my usual auto take-off which normally lift the drone of 1.5 meters and have it wait for firther instructions.  Today, after lifting and absolutely NO JOYSTICK MOVEMENT on my part, the drone escaped from its space and flew away with absolutely no way for me to control it.
Eventually, as I was running the streets to make sure it was not landing anywhere, my son was able to retake control for a while. Once near its starting point, the drone lost control again and smashed into the wall of the building at about the 4th or 5th floor and falled on its back, slightly opened (top) with a piece slightly coming out and some wings damaged.

Now, as I am trying to see if it connects to the RC, I get an alternating message (non-stop) between
-       Incompatible gimbal data
-       Preparing to take off

On Flight checklist (appears in following order on the list):
-Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1d030001)
-IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data (Code: 16100009)
-IMU initializing. Retrieving IMU data (Code: 1610001a)
-IMU not calibrated. Calibrate IMU (Code: 30055) (appears impossible to do....)
-Aircraft missing parts. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 1610004b)
-GPS signature info not found. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 16100071)
-GPS module not detected. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistanan(Codne1<100024)

It was purchased on Amazon MX and only option I have is to return it for reimbursement (no way to exchange). Only a few days left on my Amazon Prime conditions.

Anyone saw such problem before ?  I have no idea if there are DJI authorized repair shops in Mexico, so I see no other solution but to return and purchase a new one once reimbursed.

Not sure I want to just auto-repair by pushing the piece I see coming out and force closing of the top....

I see no explanation but bad and unreliable batch.

2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CrabshackPilot. Thank you for reaching out and we are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone smashed into a wall and this kind of error shows, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-1-23
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 22:07
Hi, CrabshackPilot. Thank you for reaching out and we are sincerely sorry you are going through these difficulties. Since the drone smashed into a wall and this kind of error shows, we highly recommend that you send your drone back to us for further diagnosis and repair. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support

Thank you very much, your answer is much appreciated.

Being currently based in Mexico, can I really send it for repair ? Is there a DJI authorized shop somewhere in Mexico that can also apply warranty ?  By the way, I intended the link you provided, and indeed, it says that it is not covered in MExico.

My only other option then is to return through Amazon Prime (valid until end of this week....

Stupid question perhaps, but would this be a possibility that someone else with a similar drone around could have involuntarily controlled mine ??  I thought of it, as the drone was really behaving like ''something else'' like an evil ... controlled it!
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-23 22:15
Thank you very much, your answer is much appreciated.

Being currently based in Mexico, can I really send it for repair ? Is there a DJI authorized shop somewhere in Mexico that can also apply warranty ?  By the way, I intended the link you provided, and indeed, it says that it is not covered in MExico.

Hi, CrabshackPilot. You're welcome! Thank you for checking the link. You may contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support so that they can help you create a repair case and check for the repair facility. You may also return it if Amazon Prime will allow you to.

As for your last question, unfortunately, I won't be able to answer that question, but if you will send it back to us, you may request Data Analysis to see what caused the incident. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-23
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-23 22:28
Hi, CrabshackPilot. You're welcome! Thank you for checking the link. You may contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support so that they can help you create a repair case and check for the repair facility. You may also return it if Amazon Prime will allow you to.

As for your last question, unfortunately, I won't be able to answer that question, but if you will send it back to us, you may request Data Analysis to see what caused the incident. Thank you for your kind understanding.

The link likely geolocalize me and take me to a Spanish link but does not seem to have solution for sending in....

I guess my easiest (and fastest) option will be to send it back to Amazon and buy another one, as I want to use it in about a month on the beach. Sending it for repair would certainly take much longer.  Of course, I would have loved to understand what happened. So strange! But I will be curious to keep following that link here to get other explanations.

Thank you very much for guiding me nevertheless.  Much appreciated.
2023-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you should return it to Amazon if you have that option,  it will be quickest≥

Also if you upload the flight log here http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  someone may be able to help.  It sounds like you didnt wait for enough satellites to be acquired before taking off but the log file can explain what happened.  
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-23 22:42
The link likely geolocalize me and take me to a Spanish link but does not seem to have solution for sending in....

I guess my easiest (and fastest) option will be to send it back to Amazon and buy another one, as I want to use it in about a month on the beach. Sending it for repair would certainly take much longer.  Of course, I would have loved to understand what happened. So strange! But I will be curious to keep following that link here to get other explanations.

Hi, CrabshackPilot. No worries. Hoping you get another drone as much as possible. Have a good one!
2023-1-24
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 01:41
Sounds like you should return it to Amazon if you have that option,  it will be quickest≥

Also if you upload the flight log here http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  someone may be able to help.  It sounds like you didnt wait for enough satellites to be acquired before taking off but the log file can explain what happened.

Well I always wait for the OK to take off, never do it under a red message. And it was OK to take off. Curious, before I send it back, how can I upload this log (how do I access it, how can I either transfer it to my PC so I can attach to this form or send otherwise)? That will be interesting to understand.
Looks like I can connect my iPhone to computer and transfer... but do I need to drone to be ON and phone connected to the RC ? Or just the DJI app will do?
2023-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-24 05:41
Well I always wait for the OK to take off, never do it under a red message. And it was OK to take off. Curious, before I send it back, how can I upload this log (how do I access it, how can I either transfer it to my PC so I can attach to this form or send otherwise)? That will be interesting to understand

Do you mean the “Take off permitted” message?
2023-1-24
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 05:45
Do you mean the “Take off permitted” message?

Yes, something like this. But when there is ''no gps'' or something like this, I wait until everything is green.
2023-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-24 05:49
Yes, something like this. But when there is ''no gps'' or something like this, I wait until everything is green.

That doesnt mean you have enough satellites.  You should wait until the home point has been updated message.
2023-1-24
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-23 22:42

I guess my easiest (and fastest) option will be to send it back to Amazon and buy another one, as I want to use it in about a month on the beach. Sending it for repair would certainly take much longer.  Of course, I would have loved to understand what happened. So strange! But I will be curious to keep following that link here to get other explanations.

Found this interesting article if this can help others:

Avoiding Drone Flyaways: 6 tips before you fly
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules