NO SD CARD message driving me crazy
417 3 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Derodeo
lvl.2

Canada

Ever since I ejected my SD card and reinserted it a few days ago, I've been plagued with this message intermittedly appearing in the DJI Go 4 app. Of course a card can go bad at any time but what's happening to me indicates a more serious issue.

After removing and reinserting the original card more than a dozen times and having it recognized maybe once for a short time, I checked it on a computer and it has no errors and all files are intact. I formatted it, blew out the slot with compressed air and tried again but no luck. So I tried another (brand new) high speed SD card and it worked - but only that one day. The next day, I get the same No SD card error and nothing I can do changes that. Again, it checks out fine in a computer. So I try a yet another new high speed SD card and it is currently showing up correctly. But my trust in this drone to actually take videos and pictures is severely damaged. Which is a shame because this old beast otherwise functions perfectly. Any ideas on why my Mavic Pro suddenly hates my SD cards?

2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If each SD card can be recognized every time you reinsert it into the aircraft? How are the videos and pictures recorded? May we know how long does the error message appear after you record the video? May we know the camera setting or resolutions?
2023-1-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you formatted the cards in the drone, rather than on a PC ?
2023-1-24
Use props
Derodeo
lvl.2

Canada

The error message either appears immediately after the DJI Go 4 app connects to the controller (in which case it is impossible to record anything) or it doesn't appear at all and everything works like it should. It doesn't have anything to do with any camera settings and it does not appear to be related to how the card was formatted. It does appear to be related to the sequence of powering on the drone, controller and phone app as I have had better success if the controller and phone app are fully ready to go before the drone is powered on and connected. Doing that doesn't solve the issue 100% but it seems to help a lot.

I still need to test this more and I'm not sure if actually flying the drone affects this - as my home is a strict No Fly Zone (10 kms from an airport) I can't even power on the motors unless I pack everything up and move it down the block. I wish DJI would have implemented a flying height restriction for locations like mine instead of outright preventing all motor functionality.
2023-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules