RC-N1 [C5] Contoller - No connection to Phone / USB C Port broken?
2482 3 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiRu01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478917 ft
Germany

Hey there,

i do have a Mini 2 which came with the RC-N1 controller.

Currently, however, the controller does neither connect to the cellphone nor does it charge the cellphone anymore.
The controller's battery appears to he healthy, though. I can start the controller with no issues, it just does not interact with the cellphone in any way.
I did try several cables to connct phone and controller, as well as 2 different hones. I am assuming the USB-C Port is broken.

I don't like the idea of getting a complete RC-N1 due to this as a used one is still >50 EUR.

Dear mods, devs and afficionados, can anybody point me towards a fitting spare part so that I can change the port, trying whether this saves my Controller?
Of course there are spare USB-C Ports on Banggood, Aliexpress and AMazon, but the DJI Port has a ribon connector to it. I'd like one with the Ribbon on it as I, as an consumer,  will definitively not be able to solder one of these to the port.

Thank you for your help in advance.

MiRu
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, MiRu. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to read that you are having difficulties with your RC-N1. Please try the recommended troubleshooting steps below (skip the step if you already performed it):

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (from both the mobile phone and the remote controller), wait for 10 seconds before reconnecting the USB cable. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
① Please make sure that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the picture showed:

② Please plug one end of the cable in normally and upside or further checking.
3. Restart the remote controller.
4. When using an Android device, if there is a prompt, be sure to tap [OK].

When DJI Fly is being used, USB Debugging must be enabled in the mobile phone system.

Enabling “USB Debugging” with an Android device. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to [System Settings] > [About Mobile Phone].
2. Tap “Version Number” quickly 7 to 10 times (If the mobile phone has a screen-lock password, please input the correct password in accordance with the system instructions) until the mobile phone displays: “You’re in developer mode!”
3. Search for “Development” in the [System Settings].
4. Go to [Developer Options];
5. Slide the view up and down on the page until you see the “USB Debugging” option.

Hope this helps. For spare parts, please contact our support at https://www.dji.com/support. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-24
Use props
MiRu01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478917 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 20:41
Hi, MiRu. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to read that you are having difficulties with your RC-N1. Please try the recommended troubleshooting steps below (skip the step if you already performed it):

1. Please confirm if you have a protective case covering your mobile phone. If so, remove it and try connecting again.

Hi Gamora,

not gonny lie: Your "Please verify you used the correct plug" mage me genuinly lought.
Not because the mention was unneccessary, but it reminded me what ppl in the service business have to put up with :-)

Thank you for your recommentations:

(1) I tried with and without a phone case, as well as with 2 different cell phones with even 2 different plugs (Usb-C and Mini USB), both of which worked before.

(2) I tried with several different cables over the course of several weeks now. We can rule that out, I'm afraid.

(3) No, unfortunately I used the Port, not the storage Port. (I love easy solutions, would have been great)

Reg. DJI Fly
(1) USB Debugging is activated.

I'll have to give changing the USB Socket a try...

Thank you anyway.
Have a great week.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MiRu01 Posted at 1-25 03:12
Hi Gamora,

not gonny lie: Your "Please verify you used the correct plug" mage me genuinly lought.

Hi, MiRu01. Thank you for your update and for checking our recommendations. Kindly contact our support at this link: (https://www.dji.com/support) for spare parts inquiries. You may also send the remote controller to our repair facility by submitting an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. Thank you for your kind understanding your support.
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules