Takes too long to upload to youtube
1014 15 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dark Horse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175276 ft
United States

I took a 3 minute video today, I wanted to share it with my family so I am uploading it to Youtube, it's taken over 10 hours to upload 3 minutes of video and now another 70 minutes to process. What gives? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
2023-1-24
Use props
fansc5ee482f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

what is your internet up and down speed? Ive uploaded much longer vids and it takes about 5 sec?
2023-1-24
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

fansc5ee482f Posted at 1-24 18:24
what is your internet up and down speed? Ive uploaded much longer vids and it takes about 5 sec?

I don't know the answers to those questions, but it's not that bad. Maybe I need to look into the resolution I'm recording at?
2023-1-24
Use props
Dark Horse
Second Officer
United States

fansc5ee482f Posted at 1-24 18:24

Ok, my son says our upload speed is 1 mega bit per second, so should take 7-8 hours to upload. I guess that is the problem.
2023-1-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"The minimum requirement for the best internet speeds for YouTubers is 2 Mbps upload."
2023-1-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dark Horse Posted at 1-24 18:58
Ok, my son says our upload speed is 1 mega bit per second, so should take 7-8 hours to upload. I guess that is the problem.

If that speed is correct that is incredibly slow and is certainly the issue. That sort of speed must be holding you back in all sorts of areas
2023-1-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dark Horse Posted at 1-24 18:58

1Mb/sec is incredibly slow these days. That's your first handicap. Then if your uploading video in 4K for example, the filesize is huge - even for a short clip.   Finally, YT then processes the data before you can publish.  That the whole process took so long is not surprising, unfortunately.
I've experienced the exact same problem when I was living in a fairly remote rural area with  feeble internet bandwidth.
2023-1-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

I just tried to load a 515Mb video from my Mac to YouTube. It took about 14 seconds. Probably there is an issue in your internet connection. What are the official speeds of your connection ?
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you recode your clips with handbrake they will be much smaller than what the drone records.  
2023-1-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 1-25 03:19
I just tried to load a 515Mb video from my Mac to YouTube. It took about 14 seconds. Probably there is an issue in your internet connection. What are the official speeds of your connection ?

He answered that
2023-1-25
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

No, he does not. He provided a speed, but without telling if this is the real (= measured) upload speed, or the nominal speed of the connection. If there is a strong mismatch between the real speed and the nominal speed, the provider should be involved because there is probably a technical issue to be solved.
1 Mbit/s is really a very slow speed at present days.
2023-1-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 1-25 10:18
No, he does not. He provided a speed, but without telling if this is the real (= measured) upload speed, or the nominal speed of the connection. If there is a strong mismatch between the real speed and the nominal speed, the provider should be involved because there is probably a technical issue to be solved.
1 Mbit/s is really a very slow speed at present days.

Yes he did. You just seem to want to over geek up and complicate things with loads of numbers and Theory. Measure less and use your common sense more
2023-1-26
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-26 14:02
Yes he did. You just seem to want to over geek up and complicate things with loads of numbers and Theory. Measure less and use your common sense more

Common sense tells me that an internet connection at 1 Mbit/s may have some trouble that needs to be investigated and solved.
Do you’ve some trouble understanding the numbers ? You can skip my posts, if they’re too difficult for you, Maybe somebody else is interested in them.
2023-1-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 1-26 15:18
Common sense tells me that an internet connection at 1 Mbit/s may have some trouble that needs to be investigated and solved.
Do you’ve some trouble understanding the numbers ? You can skip my posts, if they’re too difficult for you, Maybe somebody else is interested in them.

Already answered. This is a Public forum and people can comment or skip if you don’t like my comments common sense says you can skip them.
2023-1-27
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-27 00:01
Already answered. This is a Public forum and people can comment or skip if you don’t like my comments common sense says you can skip them.

Thank you for clarifying ... From you I got the confirmation that I'm allowed to post all the comments I want and that you can skip them if you don't like . Exactly what I wrote in my previous post.
2023-1-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 1-27 03:24
Thank you for clarifying ... From you I got the confirmation that I'm allowed to post all the comments I want and that you can skip them if you don't like . Exactly what I wrote in my previous post.

I am glad you have convinced yourself
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules