microSD on RC or on drone?
4129 4 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

I am switching from the basic RC (using. a phone) on mini 3pro to the RC with its own screen.

I was wondering, as this RC allows for carrying a microSD card so drone transfer images to it, if it's still better to have the microSD card on the drone itself.

My approach is to remove the card and copy content to a computer, never to work on the RC... I read that if drone lose contact with the RC files may be corrupted if transferred in real time to the RC.

Any real advantage to use the microSD card on the RC over keep using it on the drone itself ?? Is this a must or an option ?

2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, CrabshackPilot. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to have a MicroSD Card in the drone and RC. Here are the reasons why you need microSD card into DJI RC:

1. It is for caching videos (the current firmware version does not support photo caching).
(Note: Videos cannot be cached if a microSD card is not mounted. Meanwhile, you can only preview low-definition files after tapping the Playback icon on the screen of DJI RC when the aircraft is powered on. If the aircraft is powered off, no files can be viewed through the remote controller, because the files are transmitted from the aircraft in real-time.)
2. It is for screen capture and recording.
(The screenshot and screen recording functions are only available after installing a microSD card. When the microSD card is not installed, a prompt will appear stating “Install microSD card”).
3. When the microSD card is not inserted, it is unable to copy internal storage files to the microSD card [Currently, the internal storage cannot be accessed by computers or mobile devices.]

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-24
Use props
CrabshackPilot
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 23:49
Hi, CrabshackPilot. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to have a MicroSD Card in the drone and RC. Here are the reasons why you need microSD card into DJI RC:

1. It is for caching videos (the current firmware version does not support photo caching).

OK so you suggest one in the drone AND one in the RC ?

I know I had to replace the one of the drone for an EXTREME SanDisk to avoid message that microSD was not fast enough (SanDisk ULTRA) (even though it gave me good results)

Can I use the EXTREME  the drone, and the one I removed (SanDisk ULTRA) in the RC ?
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-25 22:13
OK so you suggest one in the drone AND one in the RC ?

I know I had to replace the one of the drone for an EXTREME SanDisk to avoid message that microSD was not fast enough (SanDisk ULTRA) (even though it gave me good results)

Hi, CrabshackPilot. Yes, one in the drone and one in the RC. Here are the recommended microSD Cards for the Mini 3 Pro:

And here are the recommended microSD Cards for DJI RC.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-28
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

CrabshackPilot Posted at 1-25 22:13
OK so you suggest one in the drone AND one in the RC ?

I know I had to replace the one of the drone for an EXTREME SanDisk to avoid message that microSD was not fast enough (SanDisk ULTRA) (even though it gave me good results)

Use Extreme Pro Cards for both Drone and RC for best results.

My mate was using Ultra Cards in his Mini SE and he was getting video drop-out as the write-speed wasn't quite up to it.

I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 512gb (that's the max it will take) in my Mini Pro 3 drone and a 128gb in the RC controller, basically as a back-up.

I then download any photos or video from the drone SD Card directly onto my Mac from the disk, not via the drone.

Cheers
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules