Mini 2 wont turn on, no reaction at all
1325 6 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyzarr
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I wanted to use my Mini 2 after a long time, but found that it would not turn on. Yes, I know how to boot DJI drones, have several. But the Mini does not respond at all to the power button. Not even a single LED flashes briefly. Nothing at all.

Of course, I have already searched Google for solutions. Among other things, I worked through this detailed troubleshooting guide:
https://flythatdrone.com/blog/dji-mini-2-wont-turn-on/
as well as:
https://flythatdrone.com/blog/dj ... ot-charging-solved/

To clarify: I only flew the drone twice, for about 20 minutes each time. These were pure camera test flights within a radius of 20 metres in an open area. No crashes, no damage, not even the smallest scratch. The thing looks like new.

The drone was last flown 2 years ago, since then I have kept it indoors in the Flymore bag. As well as the batteries, which I do not keep inside the drone or the charger, but separately in this bag.

Yes I checked the terminals both in the drone as well as on the batteries. Everything is in perfect order.
And with all three batteries the same result.
I also went through the procedure if the batteries were in hibernation state. (see linked guides above)
I also charged the batteries in the drone using the DJI charger and left them in this state for more than 12 hours to get them out of hibernation mode in case of doubt.
When charging in the drone, the LEDs on the underside and the front light also work.
But there is no reaction to pressing the power switch (short press, press and hold).

That's wonderful, a drone that breaks down through disuse.

2023-1-25
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The only thing I can suggest is to use some contact cleaner on the power switch itself.  Hopefully just removing the lower cover (where the power button is) of the drone is enough to gain access to the microswitch, where you can very carefully apply a tiny amount of contact cleaner.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Lyzarr. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry about the difficulties you're experiencing. Since the issue remains after all the troubleshooting you have performed, we recommend you send the drone back for a proper diagnosis. Kindly contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) and submit a repair case. Please note that warranty service can be applied depending on the damage assessment result and the warranty status. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

United States

Put a full loaded battery in the drone, and leave it for some days, then try to power up drone, and i am sure it turn on.
2023-1-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Did you try the proper start up procedure - short push, then push and hold?
2023-1-26
Use props
Lyzarr
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-26 11:56
Did you try the proper start up procedure - short push, then push and hold?

Yes, as I've stated twice in my initial post.
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_d6FdFFCkv4lo
lvl.1

United States

Probably the power button
3-27 11:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules