Unable to upgrade firmware error -1100
2472 5 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mfas
lvl.1
United States

Just bought my first Action 2, and gets this error whenever I am trying to update (see picture).The firmware gets downloaded, but when ready to install, when pressing the Install button, the error appears.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 12
Mimo version 1.8.12
Current firmware version: 01.01.05.10
New firmware version: 01.03.3020
I have tried multiple times, clearing the cache in Mimo between downloads, and restarting Mimo and camera.
What should I do?

Best regards,
Michael

Error after download

Error after download
2023-1-25
Use props
mfas
lvl.1
Denmark

Just tried installing using an iPhone 12 Pro as well, and it also produces an error, although the error number shown is 0x00030000.
2023-1-25
Use props
mfas
lvl.1
United States

The most strange thing - I factory resetted my brand new action camera and, lo and behold, it updated successfully!?!?!
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, mfas. Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Nonetheless, we are glad to you have managed to resolve the issue. For your reference, here are some tips you may follow on the next firmware update:
1. Before updating, ensure that the battery level of the device is above 50%.
2. Before updating the firmware, be sure to insert a microSD card.
3. While updating, do not power off the device or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail.
4. During updating, it is normal that the screen is grayed out and shows a warning stating that the update progress is XX%, and the image transmission view may appear. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process.
We hope you will not encounter such a concern again. Please let us know if you have any other concerns. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you have contacted our support? Our engineers would like to analyze this issue and find out a solution for you. To this end, would you please export the APP LOG and Camera Log for us?  Thank you so much. We will send you the instruction on how to export the LOG in PM.
2023-2-1
Use props
mfas
lvl.1
Denmark

The issue is already resolved as written in #3, but thanks.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules