Wireless Reset at Startup
532 3 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Has anyone seen a Mini resetting its wireless settings "to match local laws and regulations" at every startup? I received 4 replacement Minis from DJI over the past couple months (long story, you can read more here) and all of them exhibited this problem. I eventually decided to accept it as it's just a warning and takes only few seconds, but I'm still puzzled as why it happens. I have seen the same message on my original Mini when I traveled to Europe, but it was limited to the very first time you powered it on, in the new country. Now I see it every single time I turn on the aircraft, as if it cannot remember where it was last flown.

Some notes, in random order:
- Original Mini and Remote were purchased here in the US, 100% original and untouched
- Replacement aircrafts were also obviously original (came from DJI Repair Center in Texas) and untouched
- Mobile device is an iPhone, running latest version of iOS and DJI Fly, nothing strange on it
- DJI Fly correctly shows my position on the map, there is nothing that indicates it's confused about my location
- Tried different device (iPad) as well as different location, with or without WiFi, no change
- Tried to turn on the aircraft only after going in Camera View and confirming my position on the map, no change
- Tried firmware refresh and re-linking aircraft to remote, no change

What is completely crazy is that when I sent one of these aircrafts back to DJI, they were able to reproduce the issue right away, using their own remote, their own mobile device, on their own network! That seems to indicate that the aircraft is at fault, but I wonder if maybe it's something related to the one-time activation process? With 4 different aircrafts behaving the same way, it cannot be a random thing...

IMG_9172.jpg
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We sent you a PM to discuss your concern further. Kindly respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-27
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Hi DJI Tony, thank you for reaching out, I will respond here to your PM: I have already provided everything you asked - and more - to Tech Support. I gave them aircraft log, entire DJI Fly folder structure from my iPhone, screen recording from my iPhone, screenshots (like the one above) showing key moments from the video, content of SD card and a very detailed description of all the events, with serial numbers, case numbers, dates and all that. I even spoke to a Support Supervisor - by the name of John - and explained the whole thing to him. They said they were going to have a Senior Engineer look into it, but I heard nothing back. DJI Natalia shared the same files I mentioned above with another Senior Engineer, and the comments I got back were quite generic, like "make sure you're not on VPN". Well, I was not... now what?

At this point I'm not expecting anything from DJI, I'm not upset or mad at DJI... I simply accepted that - with the Mini being a relatively old and cheap model - Tech Support doesn't want to invest the time to do proper root cause analysis. As I mentioned above, this warning is more of an annoyance than a true issue, the current replacement aircraft doesn't have any other problems, range test was good, everything seems to be working fine, so I'm totally OK.

Purpose of this thread was to see if other Mini owners had seen the same behavior, more for the sake of science than anything else. There was a guy who recently posted about it, but he never responded when I asked for more details.

2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

120ccpm Posted at 1-27 11:51
Hi DJI Tony, thank you for reaching out, I will respond here to your PM: I have already provided everything you asked - and more - to Tech Support. I gave them aircraft log, entire DJI Fly folder structure from my iPhone, screen recording from my iPhone, screenshots (like the one above) showing key moments from the video, content of SD card and a very detailed description of all the events, with serial numbers, case numbers, dates and all that. I even spoke to a Support Supervisor - by the name of John - and explained the whole thing to him. They said they were going to have a Senior Engineer look into it, but I heard nothing back. DJI Natalia shared the same files I mentioned above with another Senior Engineer, and the comments I got back were quite generic, like "make sure you're not on VPN". Well, I was not... now what?

At this point I'm not expecting anything from DJI, I'm not upset or mad at DJI... I simply accepted that - with the Mini being a relatively old and cheap model - Tech Support doesn't want to invest the time to do proper root cause analysis. As I mentioned above, this warning is more of an annoyance than a true issue, the current replacement aircraft doesn't have any other problems, range test was good, everything seems to be working fine, so I'm totally OK.

We sincerely apologize you went through such issues. We are pleased to know that the replacement drone is working properly. We understand that you have submitted the details before and we respect your decision. We also appreciate your effort in helping your Co-Pilots here. In case you need further assistance, just contact us back. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules