Mini 3 Pro - Can't fly - noob here
870 4 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NiZZioN
lvl.1
Austria

Hey, I bought a Mini 3 Pro earlier today and I charged the batteries and set both of them up, it promted me to update the firmware so I did that.
Now when i try to fly it (indoor for just testing purposes) when go to the RC, it connects to the drone, but it doesn't let me click on the ''Go Fly'' button on the bottom right.
It just opens and closes immediately..
I don't know what to do because it's my first drone and I legit googled and tried everything, is there a way to maybe reset the firmware or do something ?
I have a feeling that something isn't activated yet, because one time i got the message along the lines of ''Activation incomplete'' or something like that..
Is there a way to manually activate it? Do I have to wait for support? Is there some fix for this because I can't even see the camera or anything .. basically all I'm seeing is the generic image of a mini 3 pro and nothing else, also while connected with the RC the drone is blinking red and green idk if that's normal behaviour.
I'd appreciate any kind of help and support because I never had a dji before so this is my first rodeo and it's kind of weird because I got to the point where idk what to do.

Does it maybe take a few days to activate? I got it around 10 hours ago and set it up around that time and I still can't do anything with it.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, NiZZioN. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry if you're experiencing difficulties with your first DJI drone. We're here to help you. We recommend that you update or refresh the firmware of the drone and the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). Here are the steps for updating/refreshing the firmware:
1. Install the software on your computer.
2. Once installed, power on the drone or remote controller (one by one) and connect it to your computer through a USB cable.
3. Launch the DJI Assistant 2 and select the device icon.
4. Select "Firmware Update" and then choose "Update" or "Refresh," whichever is available.
5. Wait for the update to finish. Once done, restart the devices and reconnect again.
If the issue persists, kindly record a short video showing the error. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unless you are experienced flyer dont make your first flights indoors.   The drone will be much more stable and less erratic to fly outside when you have a good gps reception.  Usually it's a good idea for a first flight to start in a nice large empty outdoor space like a field.
2023-1-26
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 03:37
Unless you are experienced flyer dont make your first flights indoors.   The drone will be much more stable and less erratic to fly outside when you have a good gps reception.  Usually it's a good idea for a first flight to start in a nice large empty outdoor space like a field.

I agree.

As an inexperienced flyer go outside and give yourself plenty of room, this wll also allow it to connect to numerous satellites.

Also being indoors it could  be the avoidance sensors stopping you from taking off.

Putting it into Sport mode turns them off, although I'd still not recommend taking off indoors.

Cheers
2023-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 1-27 10:11
I agree.

As an inexperienced flyer go outside and give yourself plenty of room, this wll also allow it to connect to numerous satellites.

2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules