Flying in the Dominican Republic
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I just wanted to share some of my stills taken with my Phantom 2 Vision (non-plus) that I bought about 4 months ago.
I have heard many complaints about the camera on the P2V and I just wanted to say that as long as you enjoy taking pictures and have a little knowledge on basic image correction then you can get awesome shots with this drone without effort.

I am also on Instagram as @AirPoV if you want to check out all my pictures and some videos.

Also, I will be getting the P3A soon because I do think video footage is not as good on the P2V because of the lack of a gimbal, I also really like all the new features that were added to the remote. Any tips and suggestions on my new purchase and my gallery are more than welcome.

Sunset over the coast of La Romana, DR

Sunset over the coast of La Romana, DR

Golf Course at Casa de Campo, La Romana

Golf Course at Casa de Campo, La Romana

IMG_5113.JPG

17-year-old kid from the Dominican Republic who enjoys flying his bird around and snapping moments.

2015-8-18
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

I have that same drone and love it. It does NOT have the problems like the "plus" model has with the Wi-Fi module overheating and gimbal going screwy. Plus it can survive minor crashes where the plus model does not. Put some zip ties through the camera mount bushing isolators, so in the case of a crash if it happens, you wont lose your camera.
  I do agree that the videos are shaky due to way the camera is, but that gives the real flying effect as if you were sitting in pilots seat. Youtube does have built in software that lessens the shaking quite a bit.
2015-8-18
Use props
carlosbsantana
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2015-8-19 00:55
I have that same drone and love it. It does NOT have the problems like the "plus" model has with the ...

That's true, I crashed mine my first day flying with a tree and it fell from around 30 feet hard on the ground, result: one broken prop and the camera fell apart from the aircraft. I just had to place it again in the rubber dampers and change the broken prop and I was good to fly. Great drone!
2015-8-18
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

carlosbsantana Posted at 2015-8-19 01:16
That's true, I crashed mine my first day flying with a tree and it fell from around 30 feet hard o ...

Dont forget to put some zip ties though the rubber mounts. They will keep the camera in place and will keep the rubber isolators from getting lost.
2015-8-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Nice shots. I can see you are following the number one rule. Having fun!
2015-8-19
Use props
astanislaus
New

Canada

I recently read that the Dominican now requires a permit for drones. Is this true?  I'm travelling there from Canada next week and want to ensure there won't be any issues.
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules